Chapter 4: Hato?!

(A/n: let's just pretend for this to make sense that Hawks doesn't have any cameras in his wings 😅)

"Sorry, I was just a little faster." Hato smiles at a shocked Deku.

"Hato?!"

Hawks stares dumbfounded at the guy who just did what he planned on doing.

He's just flying midair behind them, eyes wide and mouth agape.

"Oh shit." Hato winces.

Hawks shakes his head and decides to deal with it in a minute. He speaks while landing.

"I thought Endeavor was in trouble."

"Did it look like I was in trouble?" Endeavor replies annoyed.

"It did, didn't it, Shoto?" Hawks greets him.

"Sure..." Todoroki answers confused.

Hawks turns to a nervously fidgeting Hato.

"What the hell is this about, huh?"

"Hawks, do you know my grandson?"

"Your- what?!" Hawks sighs "Excuse us for a minute." He chuckles nervously, grabs Hato and takes off with him.

They land in front of a very familiar Bar and enter.

"What are we doing here?" Hato asks confused.

"I'm supposed to meet up with your father here." Hawks answers. Kurogiri greets him with a wave.

"Hello Hawks, who's that with you? He looks an awful lot like yours and Dabis son." (A/n: in case you're confused, when Hawks is out on patrol Dabi and the league watch 2 month old Hato. It's really fun to Imagine the League babysitting)

Hawks is about to respond when Toga suddenly tackles him in a hug, her usual gleeful demeanor on full display.

"Birdie! So nice to see you! Let me get some blood!" she chirps excitedly, her grip tightening around Hawks.

"Toga, get off my boyfriend, please," a voice drawls from the stairs. Dabi saunters down, cradling little Hato in his arms. He levels a cool gaze at Hawks. "You're late."

"Sorry, ran into a little trouble on my way here," Hawks responds with a sheepish grin.

Dabi's eyes flicker with confusion as he spots the older Hato. "Is that... Hato?" he asks, his brow furrowing as he gazes between the teenage version of his son and the infant in his arms. "Damn, our baby grew up fine."

Hawks chuckles, turning to face Hato. "Now, could you explain what this is about? Last time I checked, you were two months old," he says, gesturing to the fussy infant he's now holding.

Hato sighs, his expression sheepish. "I accidentally time traveled here from the future," he admits, glancing apologetically at his parents.

Dabi rolls his eyes. "Seriously, kid?" he mutters, exchanging a knowing glance with Hawks.

"Sorry, Dad," Hato mumbles.

"Hawks, where did you even find him?" Dabi asks, turning back to his partner.

"He was with your father," Hawks explains. "You know how he decided to take your little brother and his friends as interns?"

Dabi nods slowly, piecing it together. "Well, that explains it," he mutters, his gaze shifting back to his son. "Looks like you've got some explaining to do, kiddo."

"So, more time travelers?" Dabi looks at his son for confirmation, his expression a mix of curiosity and bemusement.

Hato nods. "Yep, seems like it."

"So who are the others?" Dabi inquires, his curiosity piqued.

"Shosuke and Itsuki are Uncle Shoto's children. Setsuko is Uncle Natsuo's daughter," Hato explains matter-of-factly.

Dabi takes a deep breath, processing the information, before exhaling slowly. "Alright then," he mutters, mentally preparing himself for the unexpected guests.

"Hato!" A voice calls out from the entrance of the bar.

"Setsuko? How did you get here?" Hato responds, surprised to see his cousin.

"Ran after you and Uncle Hawks, duh," Setsuko deadpans, her expression unimpressed.

Hato chuckles at her response. "Fair enough."

"So, you're Natsuo's daughter?" Dabi directs his question to Setsuko.

"Sup, Uncle Touya!" Setsuko grins at him mischievously.

Dabi chuckles, recognizing the family resemblance. "Yup, you're definitely Natsuo's kid."

"Dabi, what's with all the kids? I thought you and the bird only have one baby?" Shigaraki, who just left his room after playing video games all night, interrupts, looking confused.

Dabi sighs, preparing to explain the situation. "This is my son from the future," he points at Hato, "and this is my niece from the future," gesturing toward Setsuko.

"Hi, Papa," Setsuko greets Shigaraki with a wicked grin.

Dabi chokes on air.

Shigaraki's eyes widen in disbelief. "What did you just call me?" he asks, his tone incredulous.

"Papa!" Setsuko says again, boldly hugging him.

"Get off me or I'll turn you into dust," Shigaraki hisses, his threat slightly undermined by his bewildered expression.

"Now, now, Papa, you wouldn't do that to your own daughter, now would you? Besides, I can turn you into dust as well," Setsuko retorts with a smirk, her tone teasing.

"Someone get this kid off me," Shigaraki grumbles, though the hint of amusement in his voice is evident.

Toga and Twice burst into laughter, rolling on the floor, while Hawks offers a comforting pat on Dabi's back.

"We should probably get back. Grandpa's pissed," Setsuko suggests, regaining her composure after releasing her hold on her father.

With a nod from Dabi, Setsuko, Hato, and Hawks bid their farewells and make their exit.

Shigaraki remains frozen in place, his wide eyes fixed on the spot where Setsuko had been standing moments ago. "What the hell just happened?" he mutters to himself, utterly perplexed by the encounter.

Hawks drops the two kids off with Endeavor, exchanging a few words with the hero interns before discreetly handing Endeavor a book and making his departure, avoiding any questions about his connection to Hato.