Chapter 8: training

The next day, classes resumed as usual, albeit with Class 1-A now accommodating six additional students.

Iida and Momo stood in front of the class, addressing their peers.

"Class! Happy New Year!" Iida's voice boomed with enthusiasm, echoed by Momo's well wishes.

"Today's class will be a practical briefing session. We'll share our accomplishments, challenges, etc. from over Winter break. So, everyone, suit up and head over to Ground Alpha!" Iida explained with his usual fervor.

Just then, the door swung open with a force, and Aizawa stood in the doorway, ready to address his students. "Hey! Quit chatting, and--" His words were cut off by the swift departure of his students, already clad in their hero suits.

"Happy New Year, Mr. Aizawa!" Mina chirped cheerfully.

"I've finished telling them about today, as you requested this morning," Iida informed.

"Oh," Aizawa responded, his expression unreadable.

"You're really in the zone, Iida," Kaminari remarked.

"Yeah. Manual, the hero at my work-study, is a leader in Hosu. It was just one week, but I learned how to be gentle in manner. Yeah! That's the way!" Iida's excitement was palpable as he began to shake his hips animatedly.

"So much for the zone. He's like a bike where the chain keeps coming off," Kaminari commented to Sero as they strolled down the hallway.

"Wouldn't Iida be a motorcycle? He's got engines," Sero quipped back.

"Mr. Aizawa, please come immediately to the staff room," Nedzu's voice resounded over the speakers, interrupting their banter.

Hikki watched her grandfather stride off, followed by Mic, who sped away in his car a few minutes later.

"Right, they're going to speak with Kurogiri, also known as Oboro," Hikki thought worriedly, her concern evident in her expression.

"Hikki, come on!" Her father's voice called, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Coming, Papa!" she replied, hurrying to catch up.

-In the boys' locker room-

During their work studies, the time travelers had hero costumes made by the school, just in case, since no one knew how long they would stay. As they changed into their costumes, they discussed Midoriya's improvement during his hero study.

Suddenly, the head part of Bakugou's costume got stuck on his head.

"Papa!" Shosuke called out worriedly, while Hato rolled his eyes annoyed.

"Bakugou! What're you doing?!" Kirishima yelled, shocked at the explosive blonde.

"I'm not pleased!" Bakugou growled back.

"Oh no! There's cerebrospinal fluid trickling out!" Shosuke panicked.

They headed to Ground Alpha, where Midoriya had a blank look on his face. Shosuke stared at his Papa with worry.

"It all comes down... to making it fit in... with your body," Midoriya said calmly.

"I am here... fine and dandy, with cotton candy!" All Might exclaimed.

"The sense of speed is too different... so you can't keep up if you think while you do it," Midoriya continued, while everyone ignored All Might.

"Where's Mr. Aizawa?" Kaminari asked as All Might explained his joke.

"Well, Aizawa had something urgent come up just now," All Might explained. So, they did hero training with All Might that day.

Everyone showed off what they had learned during their hero studies.