Chapter 7: Dad!

(A/n: this takes place during S5 E18)

After finishing cleaning up, Fuyumi, Shoto, Midoriya, Bakugou, and the cousins sit down at the table again. Shoto starts to tell them about Touya while Endeavor is praying at his shrine.

"Your brother is...?" Midoriya prompts, intrigued by the mention of Touya.

"Well, I wouldn't be so sure about Dad being dead," Hato interjects with a smug tone.

"Oh, you haven't told Midoriya and Bakugou about Touya?" Fuyumi asks Shoto, noting the omission.

"That's not something I'm going to volunteer," Shoto responds hesitantly.

"Natsu and Touya were very close. They played together all the time. It happened soon after Mom was hospitalized. Her condition ended up getting even worse. Even Shoto couldn't go see her. But we got past that. Shoto went to visit her. Our family's been making progress. Only Natsu... can't let go of his hostility. In his mind, Dad killed Touya," Fuyumi explains, her tone tinged with sadness.

"So, that's why he was making that face," Bakugou interjects, understanding Natsuo's reaction better now.

"Sorry to bring this up so suddenly," Fuyumi apologizes, feeling the weight of the conversation.

"N-Not at all!" Midoriya assures her, offering a comforting smile.

"It's time for me to take you back to school," Endeavor announces.

Everyone quickly puts on their coats and shoes, preparing to leave Fuyumi's house. Outside, they bid their farewells to Fuyumi.

"Thank you for the meal!" Midoriya bows respectfully. "It was very delicious!"

Fuyumi smiles warmly at Midoriya. "Thank you."

"Teach me the Sichuan mapo tofu recipe!" Bakugou demands impatiently as he gets into the car.

"Sure!" Fuyumi agrees with a laugh.

"I'll have her text it to you," Shoto adds, pulling out his phone.

"Fuyumi, thank you," Endeavor says as he settles into the car.

Fuyumi returns his gratitude with a smile before turning to Midoriya. "Thank you for being Shoto's friend, Midoriya."

"It's boyfriend now, Fuyumi," Shoto corrects her, prompting a celebratory high-five from the twins.

"Right. Thank you for being Shoto's boyfriend, Midoriya," Fuyumi amends with a smile.

"Oh, well... Thank you, too," Midoriya responds, blushing slightly.

Suddenly, Setsuko freezes in shock, realizing something. "Fuck!" she curses before darting off.

"Setsuko? What's wrong?" Shoto calls after her.

Setsuko turns to Hato urgently. "I need a lift!"

"Why?" Hato asks, confusion evident in his voice.

"Dad's gonna get kidnapped!" Setsuko blurts out.

"Oh shit!" Hato, Itsuki, and Shosuke curse as they quickly grasp the gravity of the situation.

Endeavor, Fuyumi, Shoto, Midoriya, and Bakugou exchange puzzled looks, trying to understand the sudden urgency.

"We gotta go!" Setsuko yells, urgency ringing in her voice. Without hesitation, Hato scoops her up and takes off into the skies.

"We need to follow them!" Itsuki urges, ushering everyone into the waiting cars.

Hato flies at top speed, scanning the area for any sign of the villain who has targeted his uncle.

"Down there!" Setsuko suddenly shouts, her voice cutting through the wind. As they descend, Setsuko leaps out of Hato's arms, ready for action.

Meanwhile, Hato remains airborne, using his powers to rescue civilians from the villain's grasp.

"Release my father!" Setsuko's voice reverberates with anger as she confronts the villain.

The villain smirks, his tone dripping with malice. "Or what, little girl?"

Setsuko's expression hardens, determination flashing in her eyes. "You're about to find out."

With a swift movement, Setsuko removes her gloves, a wild grin spreading across her face. Slamming her hands onto the ground, the earth trembles and cracks beneath her, a testament to her power.

The villain's confusion is evident as he stares at Setsuko. "What in the world? Who are you?"

Setsuko's voice is sharp with fury as she advances towards him. "I'm Shigaraki's daughter, and you're going down!"

"Bye-bye," she sneers, poised to strike, but before she can make her move, Hato intervenes, swiftly pulling her back with his feathers and immobilizing the villain.

"What the hell, Hato?! Let me kill him!" Setsuko thrashes violently against his hold, her frustration boiling over.

"No can do, cousin. You're not in your right mind now. Just calm down," Hato says soothingly, his voice a steady anchor amidst the chaos.

Setsuko closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. When she opens them again, her once fiery gaze has softened to its usual grey.

With a swift motion, Hato pulls Natsuo to the ground, allowing Setsuko to use her quirk to decay the bindings. Natsuo sits there in shock for a moment, his eyes wide with disbelief.

"Dad, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Setsuko asks immediately, kneeling beside him.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just in shock," Natsuo replies quickly. Then, his gaze shifts to Setsuko. "Shigaraki is your other parent?"

Setsuko nods solemnly.

"Well, damn, we can't let your grandpa know that," Natsuo chuckles, and Setsuko helps him to his feet.

Just as they stand, the others arrive.

Endeavor rushes to Natsuo and tries to embrace him, but Natsuo pushes him away.

"Let me go!"

"I'm sorry. For a second, it crossed my mind that if I rescued you, you might never... have anything to say to me, ever again. Natsuo, it's okay if you don't believe me. It's not that I was shunning you guys. But I ran away, leaving you with the responsibility. I might as well have killed Touya too," Endeavor says, his voice heavy with regret.

"It's not that you were shunning us? What then? It's what Touya always told me you were doing. The day I forgive you will never come," tears well up in Natsuo's eyes. "Because I'm not kind like Shoto!"

"Even so... Even so, don't you still show up for Fuyumi's and Rei's sakes? Fuyumi has an intense longing for family. Because I ruined things. Aren't you making that effort, so she won't lose faith that we can go back? That we can start over? You're kind, too. It's okay if you don't forgive me. I don't want your forgiveness. I want to atone," Endeavor pleads, his voice raw with emotion.

Tears now roll down Natsuo's cheeks. Setsuko takes his hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"Sis seems so happy... but when I see your face, I end up remembering. Why should I have to actively change?! Atone? What the hell is there you can do?!" Natsuo's voice cracks with frustration, and Setsuko enfolds him in a comforting hug.

"I have something in mind," Endeavor says quietly.

As the police arrive to arrest the villain, Natsuo expresses his gratitude to Setsuko and Hato.

"Of course, Dad! I can't just let you get kidnapped," Setsuko says with a grin, while Hato nods in agreement.

"I wish we could've been here earlier to see your quirk, Setsuko!" Midoriya chimes in, expressing his disappointment.

Setsuko chuckles softly.

After everything, Endeavor drives the kids back to school, where Aizawa scolds them for intervening.