CHAPTER 14

Meredith POV.

For the rest of the night, Derek actually backed off and didn't try to trick to me to go to his bedroom, or flirt, or anything...He just kinda stopped. It felt weird, like he was ignoring me...I'm pathetic. First I can't wait for him to get off my back, now that he is, I kinda feel empty...What the hell is wrong with me??? And the worst thing is, I can't sleep. I was kinda expecting him to come to my bedroom in the middle of the night, or whatever creepy stuff he can cook up. But nothing! And now, I'm checking his bedroom to see if he's okay...and he's not. Great, now I'm worried about him, because he won't flirt with me. I walked around the place, since I'm too hyped to sleep.

Now, I'm downstairs, trying to look for aspirin to help me sleep. When I was going back upstairs, bottle of pills in hand, I found a sliver of light coming through a closed door. I put down the things and placed my ear next to the door, but I can't hear anything. So I quietly opened the door, and then I heard it. He's working!

I opened the door a bit more, and this soothing, deep melody flooded into my ears. I peeked in, and saw Derek wearing his pajamas, playing the piano with his good hand. Such a workaholic!

I continued to stand next to the door, listening. This is actually not too bad! I've never heard his work before, but this is not bad!! I was slowing moving my body next to the music, and probably swaying the door with me too when the music suddenly stopped. I must've panicked, because I slammed the door shut. Shit!

I was about to run when Derek opened the door again.

"Meredith?" He called out.

I stopped in my track like a deer caught in the headlight. "Yeah?" I whispered, embarrased. Why am I so nosy!!!

"What are you doing down here?" He asked.

"I.." I turned around to face him. "I...I was...aspirin...I couldn't sleep." I finally said, which was when I noticed that my hands were kinda empty. Damnit! Where's that bottle?

"Oh...why can't you sleep?" He asked, leaning against the doorframe. Does he have to do that?

"Umm...nothing, I probably ate too much, I guess." I lied. Please, just believe me!

"But you didn't even finish your pasta." Why is he so persistent all the time?

"Yeah, well...anyways, I'm sorry I eavesdropped. I'll let you get back to work." I said, going up the stairs. Let me go, let me go!

"You know, you can listen if you want." He said.

"Really?" I responded a bit too eagerly. Great, now I sound like a little girl!

"Why not?"

"Okay!" Did my voice just squeak??

I quickly grabbed my blanket and practically ran downstairs. It's okay, it's Meredith being pathetic day. I walked into his studio and saw that it was actually completely soundproof, two stories high. And there was a Steinway and Sons grand piano in the middle of the room, along with a few guitars and other recording stuffs.

"Make yourself comfortable." He said, gesturing towards the pile of sofa and cushion in the corner. I picked up a large cushion and went towards a rounded, bean-shaped sofa, and curled up. He watched me make a nest for myself and chuckled, shaking his head.

"What?" I demanded, though a bit embarrased.

"Whatever makes your day, kitty."

"Don't call me kitty!" I pouted.

"But you look like one!"

"Then why do you work at night then, batman?"

"Actually..." He said, his tone becoming serious. "I don't know. I just seemed to think better at night."

"Batman and kitty..." I mumbled under my breath, and giggled

"You know, that actually fits."

"I didn't say anything." I retorted.

"Whatever, kitty." He said as he resumed his work again. I stayed where I was and listened to him work. I stuck my feet out and slowly slided my way closer to his piano, so that I can look at his profile, instead of his backside. Not that it doesn't look good, though.

He probably saw me move, because he stopped playing.

"Hey, why did you move that?"

"I like it here!"

"Go back to your corner!" He said, pointing to my previous spot.

"No! I want this corner!" You don't wanna bargain with me, mister! I've been shopping at a flea market for god knows how many years! I'm the queen of bargaining!

"I need my space!" He complained.

"So do I!"

"You have all that space there!"

"I don't like it there!"

"There's no difference!"

"Then why don't you move?"

"Cuz I said so!" He said, one hand on his hips.

"Then I say you move!"

"You can't make me!" He said, sticking his tongue out.

"You....!"

"Hahahaha...I win, I win!" He said, doing a victory dance.

"I don't wanna move!" I whined.

"Too bad, kitty!"

"If you stop calling me kitty, I'll move!"

"You called me batman!"

"I didn't call you batman! I only called you batman once!"

"No, actually you just did, twice, which makes it three times!"

"Nooooo...."

"Fine...just move farther." He said, pushing my sofa away from him.

"Hm!" I grunted as I settled back into my nest again.

He went back to work with a triumphant grin on his face. I laid my head down on the sofa and listened to his music. It was so soft and slow. I quickly dozed off into a deep slumber.

I must've slept the rest of the night there, for when I woke up, it was because I heard the front door slam. I decided to stay where I was and continue my sleep.

"Hey Derek!" Called a deep voice, must be Mark.

"In the studio!"

Mark walked in, but probably bounced back out, because I heard him stumble back and hit the wall.

"Oh My GOD!!" He screamed.

"What?" Derek asked, tiredly.

"Your working!"

"Yes, I'm working! Does that surprise you?"

"No, yes. Maybe. I'm just so happy!" He exclaimed, still in shock.

"Whatever. It's not done yet."

"Oh, that's okay. You just keep on working. I won't disturb you." Mark assured him, as he slowly backed out of the room. But he stopped again.

"Hey, where's that cute nurse of yours?"

"Over here." Derek said, and I saw him nod his head in my direction.

Mark walked over and saw me curled up in the sofa.

"Hey kitty, kitty, kitty..." He cooed at me. I didn't bother to look up as I slapped my arm across him.

"OW! Hey, she scratches!"

"You deserved it." Derek said lazily.

"Go away!" I groaned.

"Hey! Why are you so mean to me?" Mark asked, feigning hurt.

"Because you're Mark."

"Did Derek brainwash you already? Cuz sex kittens always love me."

"Mark!" Derek growled in a warning tone.

"Alright, alright! I'm off. But still, kitty, you should try the nurse outfit. It'll look good on you."

"MARK!"