19

i'm just tryna live life for the moment
------

sunlight peering into the apartment pulled y/n from her slumber. she groaned, sitting up slowly as she blinked away the blurriness of her eyes. mina was sprawled out on the floor beside the couch, snoring slightly. 

y/n glanced around the small living room, taking in the remnants of what happened last night. she sighed, reaching for her phone to turn it back on, already worried at how many messages she probably missed from the night before.

From: Eren

where'd you go??? [10 pm]

From: Eren

are you okay?? [10:30 pm]

From: Eren

beautiful please message me back or call me, i'm worried [11 pm]

From Eren

i'm not mad that you left or anything, i just need to know if you're okay [12 am]

From: Eren

please stay safe wherever you are [1am]

she sighed at the texts, sending him a quick message telling him that she was okay, that she ended up at a friend's apartment and she'd be heading back to the hotel now. she glanced over at mina's sleeping body once more, settling on just leaving her a note saying that she left before grabbing her things and quietly exiting the apartment.

the girl got a taxi, giving the driver the address of the hotel before he drove off. she leaned her head on the window, closing her eyes as the buildings went by. she knew eren wouldn't be mad whenever she got back to the hotel, but she still couldn't help being nervous.

the taxi pulled up to the hotel a few minutes later, y/n handing the driver the payment before stepping out. she took in a deep breath before going through the doors, making her way to the elevator so she could go up to the right floor.

pulling out her phone once more, she scrolled through anything she missed while it was off. a few other texts from her friends asking if what all the tabloids were saying was true, which filled her with dread as she knew it'd be all over by now.

despite her better judgement, she opened twitter to check out what they were saying. she tapped on the first tweet she say, the headline simply stating all the juicy new details of the breakup between star jean kirstein and his ex!

she groaned, skimming through the article, cringing when there was a whole paragraph dedicated to how she ran out of the theater after jean spilled everything. i probably looked like a total dumbass she thought to herself as the doors to the elevator opened, signaling she was at her floor.

she stepped out, walking through the hall until she got to their room, using the keycard to unlock the door before slowly opening it and heading inside. her eyes lingered through the entirety of the hotel room before settling on the bed, eren's sleeping figure all curled up in the middle.

taking off her shoes, she silently moved to the bed, carefully sitting down next to him so she wouldn't disturb him. her hand reached out, gently running her fingers through his hair as he slept. he looked like a wreck, the areas around his eyes still puffy, showing that he had been crying the night prior. she felt her heart break, he was crying because of me.

eren began to stir a few minutes later, opening his eyes and looking at y/n for a second before sitting up quickly, and pullingher in his arms tightly. "i was so worried about you," he mumbled, his face pressed to her chest.