Chapter 18- Sicknesses and Soup

- Chapter 18~ Sicknesses and Soup -

Tris' Pov

I wake up the next morning feeling a bit stuffy. My head aches and my throat feels extremely sore.

I also feel extremely cold which is strange. I am only wearing a sweatshirt of Tobias' and some underwear, but our apartment is warm and the weather outside is really nice. There's no reason that I should be feeling this way.

I turn and see Tobias still sleeping peacefully next to me. Trying not to wake him up, I try to quietly get out of bed. I'm feeling pretty hungry so some breakfast shouldn't hurt.

I pull my legs over the edge and stand up. Sadly, my body apparently doesn't want me to go into the kitchen because the moment I stand up I get a head rush and start feeling extremely dizzy.

I start to fall over, so I shift my weight in the direction of my bed so at least my fall will be cushioned. I topple into the bed, falling onto Tobias.

"What the hell?" he asks after being abruptly woken up.

"Sorry." I try to say. My words don't come out successfully, however. Great! I've basically lost my voice.

"Tris," he asks. "What wrong?"

Tobias sits up and looks at me. I try to look back at him, but my eyes start feeling droopy and my vision gets blurry.

"Are you okay? You look awful." he says. He lifts up his hand and places it to my forehead, trying to see if I have a temperature.

He stands up and walks into the bathroom. He returns a few seconds later with a thermometer and damp washcloth.

"Lie down." He demands.

I listen to him and lie down on the pillow. He places the washcloth on my forehead, which makes it feel slightly better.

He takes the thermometer and places it in my mouth. I shut my mouth, waiting for the thermometer to go off.

A minute later if goes off. I take it out of my mouth and hand it to Tobias, my vision too blurred to successfully read the numbers.

"102.5," he reads. "You defiantly have a temperature. I'm calling off work so I can take care of you."

"Tobias, you don't have to do that." I manage to say.

"Yes, I do and stop talking. It's obviously difficulty for you to do so." he says.

He walks into the living room where I hear him call his boss and call of work, taking a sick day.

He returns a few minutes later with a pile of blankets. He must have been able to tell I was shivering.

"Here," he says, throwing the blankets at the end of the bed. "Are you hungry? I could make chicken-noodle soup."

"For breakfast?" I ask, even though soup sounds delicious at the moment.

"Why, do you want anything else?" he asks.

I shake my head in response.

"Then I'm making you soup." he says, leaving the bedroom again.

I reach over to the end of the bed and grab the blankets Tobias brought for me. I take them and wrap them around myself, trying to stay warm.

"Once bowl of soup coming up," he announces, walking into the room. He's carrying the bowl in one hand and a glass of water in the other. "Here you go, my dear."

Tobias sets the soup on the bedside table next to me. I sit up so I can reach the food better.

He walks over to the TV in our room and opens the TV stand. He pulls out a few of my favorite movies; Dirty Dancing, Legally Blond, and Mean Girls. They're all old movies, but I still love them.

Tobias walks up to the DVD player and pops Mean Girls in. I know he hates all three of the movies, he says their too girly, but he's still going to watch them with me anyway. He sounds like Lynn who also thinks the movies are too feminine or whatever. I think they're hilarious, but whatever. To each their own, I guess.

He grabs the remote for the TV and brings it over to the bedside table on his side of the bed, placing the remote there. He then pulls back the blanket and climbs into bed next to me.

"Tobias, you're going to get sick." I warn.

"Don't care." he says, lying down on his pillow next to me.

He grabs the remote and fast-forwards all of the previews. Once he gets to the menu, he hits play.

I grab the soup from the table next to me and place it in my lap. I then grab the spoon and start eating my soup, which tastes delicious may I add.

Once I finish eating I place the bowl back on the table. I then snuggle back into the blankets and get comfortable, trying to watch the movie and get some rest.

I feel Tobias pull me closer to him and wrap his arms around my waist.

"I love you and I hope you get better soon." he says, placing a kiss on my forehead. I burry my head into the shirt he's now wearing, his smell surrounding me. The smell that I've associated with safety and protection.

I close my eyes and fall asleep peacefully.

——

Once again, sorry this chapter was short. The next chapter will hopefull a lot longer since it's going to be featuring a certain someone's wedding.

I thought that I'd been locked out of my Wattpad and possibly hacked this morning. It wouldn't let me sign in on my phone or laptop. I then tried also logging into my other account which wouldn't work either, leading me to believe that it was Wattpad acting up, not my accounts.

Luckily nothing was wrong and I was able to log in after I got home from school.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did please give a rate and leave a comment. They both really help.

Be Brave,

Maddie