Chapter 22- Capture the Flag

- Chapter 22~ Capture the Flag -

Tobias' Pov

Today we're going to be having a huge Capture the Flag game. If you weren't aware, this game is my shit, so I'm pretty excited to say the least.

Tris and I are currently heading down to the train tracks to meet our friends. Its only one-thirty in the morning, so most of Dauntless is asleep.

"Finally you two pansycakes decided to show up!" Uriah yells.

I look at a clock that's on the wall of some old abandoned train station thing and read it.

1:37

We're literally not even ten minutes late.

I look around and, sure enough, see all of our friends already there, us being the last to arrive.

Will is standing near the train, a deadpan expression clear on hid face. Chris is also leaning against his shoulder. She looks exhausted.

Marlene and Shauna are talking about something and trying to ignore their boyfriend and husband who are both currently jumping up and done like kids in a candy shop. Pedrads.....

Lynn insisted on coming. Baby Maxon is now more then a month old, so Lynn claims she's in perfect heath to be getting hit with paint-balls. If she was any one of the other girls, I may question that, but she's Lynn. The same Lynn who went jogging in a rainstorm less then a day after she had a baby, ignoring all of the precautions the doctors had.

Maxon is currently at the house Lynn's mother and Hector share. Since Al is factionless, he can't currently be there. Luckily it hadn't been that bad so far. He arrives at Dauntless early every morning and then leaves at eight every night, when visiting hours end. I feel like when Maxon gets older, though, the living situation is going to get harder and he's going to start questioning where his dad is.

Tris leaves my side and walks over to Christina, who instantly perks up after seeing Tris. Christina starts talking her head off while Tris looks slightly annoyed, but still listens to het best friend.

I walk over to Zeke and Uriah and join there conversation.

"Paintballs, check. Guns, check. Flashlights, check." Zeke says, making a list of items he's brought. He's holding a large, black bag which includes all of the items on his check list.

"Flashlight? What kind of pansycake are you?" Uriah asks.

"Some people," Marlene says, walking over to her boyfriend. "Don't want to cut their feet open and like using light to make sure they don't do that, so yeah, flashlight, check!"

"Whatever." Uriah says, rolling his eyed and walking away.

We wait until we hear the train start rolling down that tracks and, when we do, all jump into the train, each of us landing safety.

"Okay, so teams..." Shauna says impatiently.

"Four and I are captains!" Zeke says.

"What? Why do the boys always have to be captains? That's sexist!" Lynn asks.

"Fine," Zeke says, considering what Lynn's saying. "You can take Four's place as a captain."

"Nah, I don't want to." Lynn says.

"Well then what the fuck's wrong with Four and I being captains?" Zeke asks.

"Nothing." Lynn days. I don't understand women. I don't even instant Lynn who's the least-feminine women I've ever met.