Chapter 13- Lynn and Surprises

-Chapter 13~ Lynn and Surprises --

Tris' Pov

I wake up to someone knocking on the apartment door. What time is it?

I force myself to sit up and look at the clock besides the bed.

3:25 PM

Why the hell is someone knocking on my door this early in the morning?

I get out of bed and put on my bathrobe, seeing as I'm only wearing underwear. Let's just say that after the whole adventure in the control room, Tobias and I went back to our apartment and had an adventure of our own.

I start heading out of the bedroom, but look back at the bed making sure Tobias hasn't woken. Sure enough, he's still sound asleep on the bed.

I walk into the living room to see who's bothering me this early in the morning. I have work tomorrow morning, you know!

I open the door and see a face that I haven't seen in a while.

Lynn.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, ushering her inside.

She walks into the lit up living room and I now see her more clearly. Her face is tear-stained, seeing as she's obviously been crying. I never thought I'd see Lynn cry. Brave, Bad-ass, Lynn.

"Shauna's going to hate me," she says. "Absolutely hate me."

"What, no she isn't," I say, trying to calm Lynn. "She might me mad that you ignored her for so long and kept leaving, but she won't hate you. Just explain to her where you were, and I'm sure she'll eventually understand. Where were you, exactly?"

"Factionless and that's not why she's going to hate me." she says, still shaking. I sit her down on the couch and try to calm her down.

"Lynn, what's wrong?" I ask in the calmest voice possible.

Instead of answering, Lynn shakes her head, clearly embarrassed or ashamed about something.

"I did something stupid."

"Lynn, what happened?" I ask, still trying to be calm.

I see her lips move, as she is trying to say something. No sound, however, comes out of her mouth, her words just coming out as an inaudible sound.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm pregnant." she whispers again, still looking down in her lap.

Pregnant? What? How? Who's child is it? How can Lynn be pregnant?

I just sit there in silence for a second, trying to wrap my head around what Lynn just said.

"Pregnant?" I repeat, asking for validation. She nods shamefully.

"Lynn, how did this happen? Who's child is it?" I ask.

"Al's." she answers.

Al's? What? I though Al was dead. I killed him, remember? How can Lynn be pregnant with Al's child? How can Lynn be pregnant in general? This is just too much for me to process at once.

"Al?" I ask again.

"Yeah," she repeats. "Al."

"Lynn, how? How did any of this happen?" I ask, trying to understand the story more.

"Well, it all started when Max asked me to go to a meeting with him," she starts. "I reluctantly agreed, not sure what to expect. As we were heading to the meeting, the meeting that was being held in Abnegation, I saw a familiar face. Al's face. After the meeting was over, I walked over to where I had seen Al and we began talking. He's actually really nice and we instantly clicked. Which is extremely surprising, considering I wasn't looking to get into a relationship. Ever. I began bringing him extra food and stuff that I had seen lying around Dauntless. We got to know each other better and, even though we don't have a lot in common, we some how get along really well. I really trust him and vice-versa."

"Wait," I ask, still very confused. "How is he still alive? I though I had killed him."

"He faked his death. He knew he didn't belong in Dauntless and he just wanted to leave. He knew that if he told Eric he wanted to drop out, he would be ridiculed for the rest of his life. He didn't know how much this would affect you, and, trust me, he felt awful when he found out how guilty you feel."

"Are you absolutely sure you're pregnant?" I ask.

"Yeah, I went to the doctor in Dauntless and they verified that I am."

"How long?"

"Only about two-and-a-half months." she answers.

"Lynn, why didn't you tell anyone sooner? We would've helped you." I ask. It's true, everyone would have defiantly helped Lynn through this. Sure, Shauna would have been a little pissed at first and sure, we all would have been a little confused, but we'd still help her.

"I was so scared. As of now, you're the only one who knows," she says. "I haven't even told Al."

"Are you going to? Are you going to let him be involved in his child's life?" I ask.

"I mean, I want to, but it's going to be so hard. He's factionless, he isn't even part of a different faction, he's factionless. I'm Dauntless. He obviously can't become Dauntless and if I drop out and become factionless I'd have nothing for the child. I wouldn't be able to bring them to the doctors, I wouldn't be able to sent them to school, I couldn't make sure they have a good life. It also isn't safe there. Not for a pregnant women. Not for a child. Not for anyone."

"What do you think he'd say?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, I mean, I think he'd be happy, but I don't see anyway how this would work with him not being here in Dauntless with us."

"Don't worry, we'll all help you through this. I promise, anything you need, we'll all be here for you." I say, reassuringly.

"Thank you, Tris," she says, giving me a hug. "for everything."

"No problem."

"I don't mean to hastle you anymore than I have already, but would you mind if I stayed here tonight? I really don't want anyone to find out that I'm back and start freaking out. I'm planning on telling everyone tomorrow tonight, but until then I'd like to keep the news on the down-low."

"Of course, you can stay," I say, leading her to the guest room. "And I promise I won't tell anyone besides Four. I think he mat freak out if he sees you in our guest room if I don't warn him first."

"Okay, thank you." she says, once again.

"Of, course," I say. "This is what friends are for."

-----

So, now you all obviously know where Lynn has been the whole time.

Did any of you know that's where she was? If you thought otherwise where did you think she was going off to everyday?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you did please leave a rate and a comment.

Be Brave,

Maddie