Zedaph

Okay so I'm gonna be taking a little more time with chapters and try to get them out every few days instead of every day or every other day like I used to. I've just been getting some MAJOR burnout lately, but hopefully we can get back on a decent schedule so that I can quit planning bad things and just get on with the actual story

~~~

Teleporting into Hermitcraft and finding their redstone materials in their jumbled beginning-of-season storage systems was the easy part.

The hard part was getting out, because Tango would not elaborate on the plan.

And also Tyson.

Zedaph made a mental note never to bring him into Hermitcraft again - "What's that?" "Did you build that?" "What's his name?" "Is that tall green hissy thing nice?"

Zedaph had to pull him away from the creeper before he went to hug it.

"Grian's base; no, I did not build it; that's Xisuma, our admin; and no. The tall green hissy thing is not nice. It will explode if you go near it."

"Awww," Tyson pouted.

"It's nice," Tango said. "It's the nicest thing ever. It'll give you peanut butter."

"Tango!" Zedaph chided.

Tyson looked disappointed as they left.

"Okay," Tango said when they were finally done. "X, can you TP us back?"

"Not without outside help," Xisuma said.

"Hold on," Tango said. "Try these coords: 30, 31, 75, 12."

"That's four numbers," Xisuma said skeptically. "We need three."

"Try it," Tango pleaded.

Xisuma shook his head and sighed but entered the coordinates. /tp Tango 30 31 75 12

Tango disappeared.

Zedaph stared at the spot where he had been. "It actually worked," he said incredulously.

"I hope so," Xisuma said, and then Tyson disappeared.

One more time, and Zedaph was back in the Sea of Monsters.

Except there was a minor problem.

The island was in sight, but the teleport command seemed to have put them in the ocean.

Zedaph immediately started swimming. He was very sick of swimming. But unless he wanted to drown, there wasn't really another option.

Tango and Tyson were nowhere in sight. He had lost them. Again.

Hooray.

He finally made it to shore, near the mouth of the ravine, and collapsed on the beach. The sand was warm and golden in the sunset. Zedaph wanted to stay there for a while, but he knew he had to keep going or he would never be able to leave.

He looked up and happened to glance up just in time to see the bridge over the ravine collapse.

"CRAP!" A voice yelled.

And then Zedaph looked into the ravine. About three hundred feet away, halfway down, was a person. Falling.

Crap indeed.

Zedaph ran up the beach, spewing sand everywhere but not really making much progress. The person looked like Tango.

Zedaph wouldn't be able to get there in time. Even without the sand.

But then, miraculously, Tango landed a slime block clutch.

Zedaph laughed with relief as the son of Hephaestus bounced high into the air and landed on the slime again. At least that worked the same way here.

Tango landed on a rock and looked around, spotting Zedaph. The redstoner started to parkour the rocks to get to him, which probably wasn't a good idea considering they were wet.

As soon as he was in earshot, Zedaph yelled, "Where's Tyson?"

"I don't know," Tango yelled back. "Hopefully not fifty feet in the air like it teleported me to!"

"Nice clutch," Zedaph said.

They sat on the rocks for a minute, catching their breath and enjoying the spray from the ocean hitting the rocks. Tango hadn't bothered to remove the slime block.

And it was a good thing, too.

Because a guinea pig landed on it.

They didn't notice the first bounce. All they really heard was a squeak before the rodent was up in the air again. Then another bounce, another squeak, and another and another until Ren was back on the ground.

Zedaph and Tango stared.

Ren squeaked something in triumph. Maybe his catchphrase, "Professional Minecrafter."

"What are you doing falling into ravines?" Zedaph asked.

Ren hopped off the slime and squeaked angrily.

"Well," Tango said. "Thank you for not splatificating."

Ren gave the guinea pig equivalent of a nod and squeaked.

Zedaph stood up and scooped up the guinea pig. "Stay in here for a minute," he said, putting the son of Ares in his pocket despite his adorable protests. Then he started to jump from rock to rock as he had done to get there, only slipping and landing his shoe in a puddle once. At least it wasn't the ocean itself.

Zedaph looked up the hill towards the ravine. Where they needed to be was on the other side, with the cave. This was the side with the Fleece, which was good, but they still needed to rescue Clarisse and Grover.

But... Polyphemus was on this side.

As well as five other figures: a black-haired boy, a goat-legged boy, a tall girl with a spear, a short moss-hoodied boy, and an unconscious blonde girl.

"They're alive," Tango said with relief. "And they already found Clarisse and Grover!"

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," Zedaph said, just as relieved as his fellow redstoner.

Ren squeaked as if he already knew this groundbreaking news.

"They're all there," Tango said. "Except..."

"Tyson," Zedaph said. "I know. We'll find him."

"I was going to say Gem."

"Oh..." Zedaph said.

Ren started squeaking.

"I'll get Clarisse to tell you later," he said. "I wasn't there for it."

"What? What happened?" Tango demanded.

"She's fine, mostly," Zedaph said. "We'll pick her up on the way back."

Tango did not seem satisfied, but he dropped the subject.

They made their way up the hill to where Clarisse, Bdubs, and Grover were dumbstruck, watching Percy move and dodge and stab Polyphemus, watching the Cyclops double over as he got hit in the stomach and then bopped on the nose.

Before they knew it, Polyphemus was on the ground and Percy was standing in front of him with Riptide at his throat.

The only think keeping them from getting to the group of demigods was the herd of killer sheep.

"Stop," Tango said. "We're staying."

Zedaph did not want to stay. "Sheep are my whole thing," he complained.

He tried to continue forward, but Tango held him back.

"Even if they for some reason decide not to eat you, I can't get through," Tango said. "We need to find another way."

Zedaph reluctantly stepped away from impending doom. Tango was right, this was a huge risk that could end in death.

So, naturally, Zedaph pulled away from the son of Hephaestus and went straight into the herd.