Percy

The cruise ship was suspicious, and Annabeth didn't like it.

Neither did Percy, to be honest.

First, the overly happy Australian guy on the intercom had announced disemboweling practice. Next, the people on board seemed to be in a trance.

The last straw was when they saw the hellhound digging its nose into the scrambled eggs.

"I'll pass on breakfast," Bdubs announced.

Getting onto the ship had actually been pretty easy. Too easy. Percy just asked his dad for a way to the cruise and Posideon delivered in the form of five hippocampi.

Bdubs and Tyson both looked like they were about to faint from happiness when they saw them, but luckily they didn't. And Tyson named his Rainbow.

The idea had come from Hermes, the god of travel. Other things that had come from him were five yellow waterproof duffel bags (because standing out even more than normal was a necessity in a world full of monsters), a collectible thermos with all the power of the winds trapped inside, and a bottle of gummy vitamins.

Helpful.

But at least there was cash and all of the stuff they would want to bring on this quest. Percy's pajama pants didn't have any pockets, so he wouldn't have had Riptide. But thankfully, the magical pen was inside one of the bags.

Bdubs found a clock in his. Even after a year of knowing him, and even knowing he was from another world, Percy didn't understand that.

They had found an empty room with the door wide open, which Percy had found kind of weird. Annabeth told them not to eat anything. That disappointed Grian when he reached for the bowl of chocolates on the coffee table.

They slept actually pretty well that night. Or at least, Percy did. Tyson kept tinkering with something. Bdubs, as always, slept like a rock. Grian and Annabeth mumbled to each other intelligibly. Percy didn't hear anything else before he fell asleep.

But now they were here. And Tyson was not happy that dogs ate all the eggs.

It only got worse when they heard voices that weren't robotic or trancelike.

Annabeth pulled them into the women's bathroom that happened to be nearby as the voices passed.

"Have you seen the Aetheopian Drakon that they brought on?" a slithery voice hissed. It could have been anything, really. The amount of snake monsters in the Greek world was terrifying.

"Yeah, it's awesome," another voice laughed. "I heard there were two more coming."

Annabeth's grip on Percy's arm tightened as the voices faded.

"That was Chris Rodriguez," Annabeth whispered. "Do you remember him from last year?"

"He was another one of the unclaimed kids," Grian said, maybe a bit bitterly. "In the Hermes cabin."

I started to write something about Connor and Travis (I backspaced it lol) but I almost wrote Connis and Travor

My brain completely and totally works just fine :D

Now that Percy thought about it, he hadn't seen Chris this year.

"What's another half-blood doing here?" Percy whispered.

"I don't know, but we need to get out of here," Annabeth said.

"Of course we do, genius," Bdubs grumbled. "This is the girls' bathroom. Most of us aren't supposed to be in here."

"Not out of the bathroom!" Annabeth said. "Out of the ship."

"We must get out of bathroom and boat," Tyson said.

When Annabeth and Tyson agreed on something, it was usually important.

And then they heard another voice.

This one, Percy would never mistake for someone else.

"-Only a matter of time. Don't push me, Agrius!"

"I'm not pushing you!" another voice growled. "I'm just saying, if this gamble doesn't pay off-"

"It'll pay off," the first voice, the familiar one, said. "They'll take the bait."

"Luke," Annabeth breathed.

"We gotta follow them," Percy decided.

"I thought we were leaving!" Bdubs yelled.

The voices stopped.

"Bdubs," Grian said fearfully. "I've got a feeling..."

"What?" Bdubs asked.

"I've got a feeling..."

"You've exposed us!" Annabeth exclaimed.

And then the door to the bathroom opened.

"Oh, hi," Luke sneered. "Fancy seeing you here."

------

WE'RE BACK, BABY!!!

Sorry for the shorter chapter. The next one is going to be longer and also I like cliffhangers a little too much :3

- Indigo