Chapter 8

Heated - Chapter 8

After having that intense moment with Harry, I am determined to shake him off by looking for Becky and making sure that she is alright.

I'm pretty sure that she is done with her rendezvous with Justin by now.

As I make my way out of the kitchen, my attention is immediately caught by a guy lying on the ground against the wall with a bottle of beer in his hand. He was speaking to himself and it started to creep me out. Then, a few seconds later, he starts to laugh hysterically with himself. This time I'm really freaked out as I make my way out of his presence.

Some people really don't know the meaning of having "limits", do they?

"Paige, you made it!" In front of me stood a very happy Blake as he flashed his award winning smile at me and stretches out his arms in an attempt to hug me. He then pauses before he could commence. "That is your name, right?"

He squints his eyes up at me as he anxiously waits for my reply.

"It is indeed my name."

I reassure him as I let out a tiny giggle at his relief at remembering my name. He then pulls me in for a warm hug that was really sweet of him to do, even though we didn't even know each other properly. Then again, I could say the same about Harry. Only his "friendliness" was on another level - if you know what I mean.

"If you're looking for Harry, he's over there." He points out to the far left of the room as I notice Harry sitting over at a tiny booth as he wore his full black outfit that pertains; a dark black and white striped jeans, his black shirt - that was not buttoned all the way up - and his black boots. I wasn't looking for Harry but thank you for pointing me out to where I should not go. "But I'll see you around. You have a good night, cutie."

"Thanks."

He winks at me before making his way through the crowd. I was definitely taken aback by his last word.

Cutie?

It's a good thing Harry wasn't here to be a witness to that. Who knows how he would of reacted considering the way he threw daggers at Blake the last time he was talking so flirtatiously to me.

As I look over to where Harry is located, I noticed something that left me in a complete state of surprise.

Harry is sat with Becky and Justin?

What?

No... I can't go over there. Not when Harry is there! I then had to ask myself this question: "Do you really want to be that close to Harry again?"

Yes.

No!

I scowl at my subconscious as she teases me with her witty remark.

Maybe if I pretend that he's not even there, it'll work out alright.

Ha! Good luck with that.

Hey, I can do it, ya'know?

Sure, of course you can.

My subconscious bites back at me in sarcasm as I roll my eyes at her comment. Maybe if I ignore her as well, she'll eventually go away too.

I find it quite funny the way you think that could actually happen. But I admire your confidence though.

Oh, this little...

Why am I even fighting with myself right now?

I decide to make my way up to Becky and the gang and I feel absolutely confident in myself and my ability to ignore Harry.

Heated (A Harry Styles Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara