Chapter 37

"The Fear Of Losing You:

Without meaning to, he's disarmed me; with kisses that soothe and alarm me. In arms that terrify and calm me. -

Lang Leav."

Heated - Chapter 37

He opens the door as he lets us in.

"The others are in the kitchen."

He speaks as I couldn't even look him straight in the eye. Justin and Becky smiled at him as they entered and I was the last one in whilst he stood at the door, ready for me to enter.

I kept my gaze on the floor as I stepped inside, feeling so nervous and afraid of what might happen once all is said and done.

When I walked past him, I could feel his eyes on me and it caused my heart to race twice as fast. I hear how he shuts the door behind me as I finally look up and I swear this place is absolutely stunning.

"Wow."

I let out softly as I look around at the white walls, dark furniture, marbled tiles - everything was so luxurious. My jaw was basically on the floor by this time.

"I get that a lot." He heard me? I see how he makes his way beside me as he has his hands in his pockets and eyes on his surroundings as I take it in as well. "I got this place after I turned eighteen."

I lift my brows at his sentence as I finally look up into his eyes in surprise to his words.

"You did? You're so lucky."

I admit as he gives me a tight smile before his gaze falls and I suddenly feel awkward again. We stood there in silence for a while.

I'm going to count until three and if he doesn't say something I'm going to leave.

Oh, here we go with the weirdness again.

My subconscious scoffs at me, but I ignore her anyway.

One...

Two...

Thre-

"It's obvious that we need to talk."

He speaks up as he has his eyes on me this time. His brows were furrowed as his green hypnotic eyes stared deeply into mine.

I nod at him before letting out a breath.

"Yeah, w-we do."

Why am I stuttering? Get yourself together, Paige!

It was getting even more awkward as the tension between us grew stronger.

Lord, please get me out of this awkward situation!

"Paige!" Wow, that faster than I had expected. Thank God! I thought that was never going to end. I see how Holly runs up to me and pulls me by the arm. "C'mon! You have to blow out your candles!" She expresses excitedly as her excitement is contagious and I follow behind her. "Harry, aren't you coming?"

She calls out as we are now both looking over at him.

"Yeah, I'm-"

Just as he was about to complete his sentence the doorbell rang. I furrowed my brow at who could possibly be at the door right now.

Everybody's already here, right?

What if it's her?

My subconscious reminds me of the phone call that Harry had this afternoon.