Chapter 23

"The heart surrenders everything to the moment. The mind judges and holds back."

- Ram Dass

Heated - Chapter 23

I waited patiently - okay, probably not so patiently - as I stared up into the eyes of the person I'm not even sure I know at all. And he was finally about to tell me who the real Harry Styles is. Am I even ready to hear all that he has to say to me? I feel so bittersweet about this whole situation.

Just when he was about to open his mouth to utter something, his phone began to ring and he took it out of his tight jeans. I let out a heavy breath as I feel how the thick tension that was once lingering in the air has now disappeared by a ring of a phone. I kinda felt relieved because I don't think I can handle everything right now, maybe now is not the time to have an in-depth conversation with Harry whilst my Mom is here.

He looks down to the caller ID and his facial expression changes as his mouth goes slightly agape. I watch him in curiosity as I furrow my brows at him.

"Uh... I've got to take this."

He looks down at me. I could tell he was hiding something from me, but I chose not to speak on it as I nodded and he walked out of the room.

I watched as his tall figure moved out of the room and my heart sunk, why does it always feel as though he's hiding something from me? Why is he so scared to let me in?

I plop down onto the sofa as I hold my head in my hands and let out a heavy sigh at the thoughts that entered my mind. Mostly unpleasant ones of what Harry could be holding back from me.

I then hear the footsteps of Harry entering the room once more and I look over at him as he places his phone into the back pocket of his jean. How he fits it into those tight jeans? I will never know.

"Let's go."

He speaks up and a smile is suddenly spread across his face as I stand from my seat and furrow my brows in bafflement to his words.

"Go where?"

I take a step forward as he stands there staring at me with a soft smile and cocks his head to the side.

"It's a surprise."

"But-"

"No but's, just come with me."

I am finally stood in front of him as my head is telling me not to go because I'm still uncertain of who this person in front of me is, but my heart tells me to go along with it.

What should I do?