Jennie

Lisa woke up and immediately regretted it.

It felt like a demolition crew was trapped in her skull, pounding and drilling, trying to get out.

Like her head was a size too small for her brain.

God, I need to make better choices.

A small, experimental turn of her head sent a searing bolt of pain into the back of her eyeballs.

She moaned pitifully into the sheets. Never going to drink again, ever.

Lisa wanted to make the announcement out loud, but her mouth was as dry as the Sahara Desert.

Moving her tongue only highlighted that her mouth tasted like a small animal had died there.

I vow to give up alcohol if l just survive this hangover.

A hand snaked around her waist and a warm body snuggled up to her side, effectively jostling her.

Lisa groaned at the explosion of pain in her cranium.

"I feel like I'm dying." Lisa croaked. Seriously, her head felt like it was going to split in two.

The soft, female body curled around her didn't even respond to her plea. Instead, the girl continued to sleep draped over her.

Lisa forced her bleary eyes to focus. Burgundy hair was spilled across her chest, catching the sunlight streaming through an open window.

Several minutes of Lisa trying to quell her dizziness passed before there was knocking. Her mother's head appeared through the open door a second later.

"Honey, are you girls going to up soon? I'm ready to make breakfast." Chitthip asked, tying an
apron behind her back. 

"Waffles. Choice of blueberry and chocolate chip." Lisa raised her head and tried not to grimace.

"Yeah, we're about to get up, Mom. Thanks." When Chitthip closed the door, Lisa nudged the girl lying on her. 

With a sleepy grumble, Minnie raised her head and looked at Lisa. After blinking a few times, Minnie rasped, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Lisa said with a wan smile. "C'mon, we gotta get up. Moms making waffles. It's our Christmas day tradition."

On the other end of the mattress, Ten quickly sat up from the covers. 

"Waffles!" Swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, he cheered, "I'm ready!"

"Ugh, you clearly don't have a hangover like the one I'm having." Lisa complained.

"Yeah, I didn't get blitzed as you did. I tried to tell you to slow your roll after you got a hold of that bottle of Fireball." Ten gave a sympathetic smile in apology. 

"But you didn't." 

"Holy crap, it feels like l drank the whole thing!" Lisa groaned pitifully after Minnie rolled off of
her. 

"What happened last night? What did I do?"

"You were just slamming the drinks and dancing super hard but after you almost fell off a table, we brought you home."

"Okay, that doesn't sound too bad."

Minnie gave a thoughtful hum as she hunted around the room for her pants. 

"You totally drunk-dialed Jennie though. There were tears." Lisa shot up in a sitting position, the pain that cleaved her skull making her cry out. 

"What?! Oh god, why didn't you stop me? I thought we looked out for each other!" Minnie and Ten turned to her with identical apologetic expressions, and they had never looked more like twins.