2 • 121 • 133

Start from the beginning

Those big purple eyes widened as blood spurted from her mouth. It was a precise attack landed by the 25th Charlotte towards her heart. She said nothing and withdrew her blade immediately.

'Although I know that this is a result that I should expect....'

'But I.......'

Those purple eyes began to lose their light. The last thing that she saw was the surprised and saddened look of the brown- haired girl. She looked regretful even though she had agreed on the fight before.

'Stupid.'

That was the last thing that she thought before what was left from her was an empty shell of corpse.

Charlotte watched her sworn enemy fallen on the ground helplessly. In that moment of silence, sadness and helplessness were shown clearly on her eyes. Seeing herself dying, those golden eyes seemed to grow a little bit colder.

The life in the tower was truly sad. She just thought of receiving her enemy's forgiveness, but never once that she thought that she should take her life. For that reason, she felt sad.

However, when she thought that this was probably what her sworn enemy desired, a simple desire that she could ask and grant for now which was to fight and dance freely with her own feet as a prove that she had regained what she once lost, she felt that this fight wasn't worth to be sad.

"Charlotte!"

Her golden eyes blinked in surprise when she heard that voice. A voice that she never thought would be hearing at that moment and in that place. She thought that she was hallucinating when she turned around and saw the blue- haired man, looking at her straight to her golden eyes.

She thought that she had prevented anyone from coming inside, though she didn't use her full power in restricting them and instead estimated how much energy she had to spent in order to stop them from following her. She thought that it wouldn't need much of her energy to stop Khun, but now, she felt ashamed. She was wrong.

Charlotte weakly smiled at him and tilted her head.

'Really, I shouldn't have tried to calculate something. It just won't work according to what I thought.'

But even though this time, things didn't go according to her wish, she didn't quite feel that this was a bad luck.

The view was so beautiful in that place. It would have been prettier if there wasn't a bloody fight before, or they were stuck in another space playing and dancing on someone's palms.

He looked at her. Honestly, he was so relieved to see her again. It was worth it to take the risk and walk this far. He started his first steps towards her with walks before he began to run towards her. However, when he was close enough, he suddenly hesitated and slowed his steps and walked again. He walked towards her.

His blue eyes appeared to be relieved to see her unscathed. He was happy to know that she wasn't in danger and that she was safe.

Charlotte didn't notice that. Her mind was pretty tired. It would take a little meditating with the lotus to recover her strength again.

"Khun, you came despite what I told you," she said, looking a little bit sad. "You don't trust me?"

Khun looked at her, pondering about what kind of answer he should give to her.

"... to say that I don't trust you... I.... am just worried about your safety," the blue- haired man answered.

Charlotte sighed as she had expected the answer with a smile.