How I met your father

This prompt was inspired by nottbilly and their book of otp prompts.

Prompt: A and B meet the same way your parents did.

This is how my parents met, from my knowledge, my mom doesn't talk about my dad that much. And I also don't know who my dad is 😋

Narrator's POV:

"Amma?" Ezra asked as he looked up at his mom, Zayn. "Yes, beta?" He asked, kneeling beside Ezra's race car bed. "Can you tell me and bun bun how you and Daddy met?" He asked, holding onto his stuffed bunny. Zayn smiled down at his boy, cupping his cheek and pressing a kiss to his forehead.
"But I've told you that story so much, don't you wanna hear a different one?" He asked with a breathy laugh, climbing into the small bed with him.

"Well...yeh, but bunny hasn't heard it yet." The boy said as he held his bunny up to Zayn, who smiled and pretended to think about it. "Well, since bun bun hasn't heard it yet, I suppose I could tell you again," Zayn said as he pulled the covers up to the young boy's chest. Ezra clapped his hands, and a wide smile broke loose on his face, the dimple on his left cheek poking through.

"It all started when my car needed its blinker fixed. More or less..."

*Flash Back*

Zayn slammed the trunk of his car shut, his shopping bags spewed around the back of his car. Harry walked out of the house and towards Zayn, "What's wrong with you?" he asked and started picking up some of the bags, "Some arsshole was speeding down the road and rear-ended me, now I have a fucking dent, and a broken blinker in my NEW FUCKING CAR!" He screamed, wailing his arms around the back of his car. "Oh...yeah, that looks pretty bad," Harry said once he got a good look at the car. "YUH THINK!?" Zayn exclaimed, picking up the rest of the bags and marching up the drive to the front door.

Harry sighed, shaking his head and following after him. Zayn took everything out of the bags and walked around the kitchen putting stuff in the fridge, freezer, and pantry. Mumbling incoherent sentences and curses beneath his breath, small grunts of frustration escaping his lips.
"How about I put things away, and you go contact your insurance people,"  Harry said and took the milk out of Zayn's grasp.
"Yeah, ok, whatever," Zayn muttered and walked off into his study.

After a while of talking to his insurance company, he looked at the nearest auto part shop. "Hey, Zee?" Harry asked, knocking on the door as he leaned against the frame. "Hm?" Zayn hummed out, turning his head slightly towards Harry but keeping his eyes on his computer screen.
"I'm gonna head out with Nialler, and Payno for a while. You wanna come?" He asked, then pushed off the door frame and walked further into the room. "Nah, I think I'm gonna go to the auto part store to see if I can get some stuff to fix my car. Maybe next time?" Zayn said and spun around in his spinny chair. "Alright, we're probably gonna go out tomorrow, so if you wanna go then, just let me know," Harry said, his dimples punctuating his smile, which Zayn returned. "Anywho, I'll leave you to it." He said reaching out and ruffling Zayn's hair, who tried swatting his hand away.

At the Auto Part store (Idkwtf it's called 🤷🏾‍♀️, also I don't know shit about cars, so this isn't going to be accurate at all, don't judge me 🎶🎤)

Zayn grabbed a bulb for his blinker, the plasticity glassy stuff that goes over it, glue, a steering wheel cover, and a bunch of other stuff that he doesn't need but wants, cause why not?

He walked to the cashier and paid for his shit before leaving the store. He drove back home.

Zayn parked his car in the driveway and grabbed his stuff. He set his stuff down and got to work.
He carefully pulled the shattered glass off his car blinker and untwisted the bulb.
He unpacked the glue and read the directions.