34

5 months into my pregnancy.

How has it already been 5 months? It feels like just yesterday I was reading the test. Bryan and I were discussing how to fit a child in. We were NOT going to consider moving.

"You know what I was thinking about, yesterday?" I asked Bryan.

"What, babe?"

"Where is this baby going to sleep? There's no room in here."

"Uh, yeah you're right. Maybe we could take the closet in the hallway and expand it out and turn it into a bedroom. Then we could take the other closet and turn it into another bathroom."

"That could work."

I started looking for contractors that we could hire. All were too expensive. Bryan told me we had the money to hire any of them. I found one that looked familiar.

Michael's Foundation.

He was the one that remodeled my room! How could I not go straight to him? I dialed his number in my phone and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello, Michael's Foundation. I'm Lisa, how may I help you?" Lisa was Michael's wife.

"I'd like to speak to Michael, is he in?"

"I'm sorry he's not. Did you need something besides that?"

"I was just wondering if he could come in right away and transform two closets into something really important."

"Which would be?"

"I need one closet turned into an expanded baby room and the other closet transformed into a bathroom. Can Michael do it?"

"Certainly not alone," she chuckled. "I'll run it by him. You're address?"

"Sure, it's uh. One second." I removed the phone from my ear and called Bryan into the room.

"What's our address?" I asked him.

"Why?"

"I'm talking to a contractor and he needs our address to see if he can do the job later."

"Oh, it's 873 Felder Street."

"Thank you honey."

Back on the phone with Lisa.

"It's 873 Felder Street. Sorry about the wait."

"Thank you and it's not a problem. Michael and one of his workers will be there soon. Have a good day."

"Thank you, and you too."

I hung up my phone and sat up. My baby bump was not too big but not too small either. It didn't kill me to sit up and/or lay down. I got up and went to the bathroom. I decided I'd take a picture of my baby bump in the mirror for the Baby Book I wanted to keep. Something occured to me, I still didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl.

"Bryan?" I called for him, and he came up almost instantly.

"What's up babe?"

"I want to get an ultrasound sonogram. I want to know if we're having a boy or a girl."

"You don't want to be surprised?"

"Of course I do. But if Michael, the contractor I hired, can turn it into a room today, I want to begin painting it tomorrow. I want this baby to come home with a room ready for him or her. Please?"

"A contractor is coming today? Well then we can't go today, sorry babe, it'll have to wait until tomorrow. 'Cuz then we'll already be out and we'll know and we can pick up paint cans and a crib and so on. All the things we need, we'll do tomorrow. Okay?"