CHAPTER SEVEN

Thomas wakes up with a gasp, turning to sit up and when he looks down at himself, he notices that he was wearing different clothes

Thomas wakes up with a gasp, turning to sit up and when he looks down at himself, he notices that he was wearing different clothes. He lifted his shirt up, looking at the wound that was wrapped covered by a gouge bandage. He furrowed his eyebrows when he realized he was somewhere unfamiliar. It looked like he was in some kind of a hut. He was sitting on a bed, and there was some cabinets across the room with what looked medicine and medical tools on it. 

"Hi." 

He looks over at the door, well, makeshift door since it just had a door opening and a sheet for privacy. He sighs with relieved when he saw someone familiar. "Lizzie."

"I was just gonna come check on you." Lizzie admits. A relieved smile tugs on her lips. "Glad to see you're awake." No one knew the exact time when Thomas would wake up so she was happy to see him up. 

"Where are we?" Thomas inquired, looking at her curiously.

Lizzie smirks, stepping to the side and gestures outside. "Why don't you see for yourself?"

Looking at her curiously, he steps outside, seeing that they were on a beach. He heard rushing waves and seagulls, so that explained why he heard those things. Then something in the distance caught his eye. A big boat that was a little ways out into sea.

"How are you feeling?" Lizzie questioned, tilting her head to the side and her eyes were filled with concern.

"Better." Thomas admits, looking at her with a small smile. Lizzie returns the smile, happy to know he was feeling better. He then looks over to his right when he heard distant talking and saw a village. "What's all this?" 

"Remember hearing about the place called Safe Haven?" Lizzie asks him and he nods in response. "Well, this is like our Safe Haven." She shrugs. "At least, for now, anyway."

Thomas looks at her with surprise. He couldn't believe that they were all actually safe. It's been so long since he felt that way. He looked back at the village with a smile.

"Come on," Lizzie pats his shoulder, gesturing him to follow her as she begins walking. "Let's go. I'm sure everyone will wanna see you."

Vince was picking up corn from the garden when he noticed Lizzie walking by with Thomas. He smiled, happy to see that Thomas was up and walking. While Thomas glanced around at everything that was new to him, Vince locked eyes with Lizzie and sent her a questioning glance, silently asking her if Thomas was doing okay after what had happened. Lizzie nodded, smiling and gave him a thumbs up. Vince smiled and returned the gesture before going back to his job. 

"Who are all these people?" Thomas questioned.

"All the subjects that we saved from WICKED," Lizzie answers. "Some are from the Right Arm," She smiles. "And some are new people we picked up along the way."

Nearby, Minho and Jorge sat on a big rock and while Minho was carving wood, Jorge was sharpening his knife. When he heard his girlfriend's voice, Minho glanced up from what the wood he was carving and smiled at seeing her walking by. His smile turned into a relieved one when he saw Thomas was up. Minho stood and walked over to them which got Jorge's attention. Jorge stood and walked over, along with Brenda and Frypan.