CHAPTER TWO

The Gladers were then led to them to a room where they were told they would be sleeping at

"Ooh, I call top bunk." Frypan immediately announced, going to the first top bunk, but Minho got to it first.

He smirks as he sat on the bed. "Too slow."

Lizzie rolls her eyes and plopped down on the bed below him while Frypan took the top bunk besides them. Winston laid on the bed across from Lizzie. He grins. "I could get use to this."

"Hmm." Lizzie hummed in agreement with a grin on her face.

"Yeah, it's not half bad." Newt agreed and Lizzie glanced over when the door was closed.

"What do you think they want with Teresa?" Thomas asked Newt, clearly worried about Teresa.

"Now, if there's one thing I know about that girl is that she can take care of herself." Newt replies. "Don't worry about it." He then climbed onto the top bunk of the one a few feet away from the two the others were on.

Soon it was nighttime and like she said earlier Lizzie immediately fell asleep when her eyes were closed. But sadly she was awaken when she heard metal creaking. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up in her bed. She looked over at Thomas, confused at why he was laying on his stomach looking under his bed.

"Thomas, what are you doing?" She quietly asked him.

"Is that Lizzie?" A voice whispered and it sounded a lot like Aris.

"Yeah, why?" Thomas questioned.

"Bring her with us. She should see this." Aris told him.

Thomas looks over at her and gestures for her to follow. Lizzie raises an eyebrow, suspiciously staring at him. "Where am I going?"

"I don't know, but Aris wants to show us something." He told her and then got off of his bed. "You going with us or not?"

And that's why Lizzie is now crawling through the vents, somewhat regretting following them. "Where are we going?" Lizzie asked as they continued to move through the vents.

"You'll see. We're almost there." Aris said. "Hurry, this way." He gestured them to follow him around a corner and they did.

They finally get to the place Aris was at and saw he was looking down through a vent. Lizzie knelt besides Thomas as they watched the women that was with Teresa look behind her.

Her eyes grew wide when she saw some sort of beds rolling past that looked like someone was on it. She watched with nervousness as the women who she remembered hearing her name was Dr. Crawford, opened the door while other doctors rolled the beds into the room.

Once they were in the door immediately closed. "Okay, what did we just see?" Lizzie asked as she looked at Aris with surprise and confusion.

"They bring in new ones every night like clockwork." Aris replied.