CHAPTER EIGHT

They  took two trucks to fit the group in and headed to the base

They took two trucks to fit the group in and headed to the base. When they arrived, Lizzie got out of the truck along with the others, staring at the base. There were multiple tents set up around the base, and there were even a few campfires. As they followed Harriet and Sonya Lizzie pulled her hair into a pony tail.

"They've been planning this for over a year now." Harriet explained. "This is all for us."

"You guys are lucky you found us when you did." Sonya said. "We're moving out at first light."

She looked over at one of the men near them. "Where's Vince?" She asked them and he pointed in the direction where he thought Vince might be as he continued walking.

"Who's Vince?" Thomas questioned.

"He's the one who decides if you get to stay." Harriet answered, leading them to where Vince was.

"I thought the Right Arm was supposed to be an army." Minho spoke up.

"Yeah, we were."

The group stops walking and looks over seeing a long blonde haired man walk up to them. He gestures to the place. "This is all that's left of us. Lot of good people died getting us this far."

Lizzie then realized this guy must be Vince. Vince looks over at Harriet with his hands on his hips. "Who are they?"

"They're immunes." Harriet replied. "Caught them coming up from the mountain."

Lizzie looks behind her at Brenda, checking to see if she was alright. She noticed earlier that Brenda was acting strange and was starting to look pale. Now she saw that it looked like Brenda was sort of swaying, as if she was having trouble standing. Lizzie frowned, realizing that Brenda was worse than before and she had no idea why.

"Did you check them?" Vince asked Harriet and Sonya.

Harriet points at Aris. "I know this guy, Aris. I trust him."

Sonya nods. "Yeah, me too. And I trust Newt, also. He's my brother." She told Vince, pointing at Newt.

"Well, I don't." Vince said, staring at the group with a stern look. He then gestured to some men that were standing nearby. "Check 'em."

Lizzie's worry for Brenda grew when she started breathing heavily. "Hey, boss..." One of the men spoke up, noticing how Brenda was acting.

"Brenda!" She gasped, her eyes growing wide when Brenda fell forward. Jorge quickly knelt on the ground besides her to see what was wrong. He got her laying on is lap, trying to get her to talk to him.

Vince knelt down besides him. "What's going on with her?" Jorge shook his head, not knowing what's going on. Vince looked at Brenda's leg, noticing something weird. He pulled the pant leg up to reveal a nasty Crank bite. Standing up, he immediately backed away as he got his gun out.