CHAPTER FOUR

The plan was one of pure hope

The plan was one of pure hope. They would use Thomas as bait to lure Teresa to a secluded area where he and Gally would take her back to the abandoned church they were currently staying at. Lizzie hoped that this would work because she wouldn't know what she would do if they couldn't save Minho. He means the world to her and she would be so lost without him.

Newt takes the bag off of Teresa once she was there and then goes back to his seat. Teresa looks at everyone with confusion and then looks at Gally when he places a chair in front her, sitting on it backwards. "Where's Minho?"

Teresa furrows her eyebrows, glancing around the room until her eyes land on Thomas. "Do you guys really think-"

"Don't look at him." Gally interrupts her. "Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He won't help you. Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?"

Lizzie sat up straighter when Teresa told them. She didn't think Teresa would actually tell them the truth. "He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three."

"How many others?" Newt asked her.

"28."

Brenda looks beside her at the table where Lizzie sat since she was planning to help her out.

When Lizzie nods, Brenda looks back at the others as she says, "We can make that work."

"No." Teresa shakes her head. "No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a fingerprint ID."

"Why do you think we kidnapped you?" With her arms leaned on the table in front of her, Lizzie looks at Teresa with a sarcastic smile, shaking her head. "You're our way in, genius." Teresa looked at her with narrowed eyes, not a fan of her sarcasm.

Thomas rolls his eyes at Lizzie, ignoring her comment and looks at Teresa with crossed arms. "That's why you're gonna come with us."

"Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her." Gally stands up and goes over to the table Frypan was sitting on. He picks up a knife, turning to face Teresa. "All we need is her finger."

"Gally, back off." Thomas told him.

"What, are you squeamish?" Gally looks back at him. "I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho."

"That's not the plan." Thomas stands up, taking the knife from him. "Back off."

"It won't make a difference." Teresa said. "Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up..."

"We know." Thomas nods. "We're tagged. Property of WCKD." He goes over to her and kneels beside her. "You're gonna help us with that, too."

****

After Teresa was sure she got the trackers off of everybody, they gathered up and started the next step of their plan to get Minho back.

Thomas and Newt were going to dress up as guards going to take Teresa back into WCKD and have her help them find Minho while Lizzie and Brenda got the 28 kids with the help of Frypan.