CHAPTER SEVEN

Lizzie was now in the Med-Jack hut in one of the rooms with Jeff that had the girl there

Lizzie was now in the Med-Jack hut in one of the rooms with Jeff that had the girl there. Clint was watching over Alby, who was in another room. They had Alby tied down because he was trying to escape earlier, and he moved around a lot as if he was having a seizure.

It had been a few hours since the girl was put up in the Box with a note that read 'She's the last one Ever'. The girl hadn't woken up yet, just mumbling words, but it was hard to understand.

"Lizzie, Jeff, what's going on?" Newt asked as he, Minho, and Thomas walked into the room.

"Why won't she wake up?" Newt looked at Lizzie and then Jeff.

"We're not really for sure." Lizzie admitted. She glanced at the unconscious girl with crossed arms. She's not for sure why, but she just had an off feeling about the girl.

Newt sighs and looks over at Thomas. "Did you recognize her?"

Thomas stares at the girl and then shakes his head. "No."

"Really? 'Cause she seemed to recognize you." Newt remarked as he crossed his arms.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked.

"We'll worry about the note later." Newt replied while looking at the girl.

Thomas shakes his head. "I think you should worry about it now."

Newt was quiet for a moment before he looked over at Thomas. "We got enough to do at the moment." Obviously, he didn't want to talk about the note, but Lizzie didn't blame him.

"He's right, Newt," Jeff speaks up, and everyone looks at him. "The Box isn't coming back up. How long do you think we can last?"

Newt shakes his head. "No one said that."

Lizzie rolls her eyes. "The note basically said that the Box wasn't ever coming back up."

"Don't jump to any conclusions," Newt said to her before he looked back at everyone else. "We'll just...We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody got to have some answers around here."

"Okay." Thomas sighed.

"Wait, where are you going?" Newt questioned, noticing that he was leaving.

"Back into the maze." Thomas replied, and everyone stared at him with wide eyes while he left the Med-Jack hut. Minho shared a look with Newt before he went left the hut to go after Thomas.

"How's Alby doing?" Newt asked, turning to the Med-Jacks.

"He's not doing that good," Jeff replies. "And he's only getting worse."

Lizzie walked out of the hut, seeing that Minho was talking to Thomas. She overheard how the Runners quit when they heard Alby got stung, and she didn't blame them, but now they only had one Runner. She also overheard how they were going into the maze to check out the Griever.