CHAPTER SIX

Lizzie couldn't sleep at all that night because she couldn't stop thinking about Minho, Alby, and Thomas

Lizzie couldn't sleep at all that night because she couldn't stop thinking about Minho, Alby, and Thomas. She hoped that they could make it, but with Alby hurt. She wasn't sure if they were going to make it. Unfortunately, no one made it a night in the maze.

"You look tired." Jeff noticed.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious." She sarcastically comments. "I couldn't sleep at all because I was worried about them."

"They'll be fine," Jeff reassures her, pointing at her. "You need sleep."

"No, I don't. I'm fine." Lizzie shook her head as she yawned. Jeff crossed his arms, staring at her with raised eyebrows.

"Okay, so maybe I need sleep." Lizzie sighs. "But we have work to do."

She heard the familiar sound of the door opening and looked out the window. "Come on in, the door is opening." She walked out of the hut, not wanting to be lectured about needing sleep by Jeff.

She walks to the door of the maze seeing that some of the Gladers were already there waiting. "Guys, get up." Chuck told them when he noticed the door opening. Lizzie stood beside Newt, anxiously waiting for Minho's, Thomas', and Alby's arrival. Minutes past and they still haven't arrived.

Newt sighs and looks at Chuck. "I told you, Chuck, they're not coming back."

"Newt, don't say that." Lizzie shakes her head with a small frown on her face. She didn't want to believe that they might not make it back. Even though she started losing hope that they would make it back in time, part of her still thought they would make it. They have to. It's Alby, Minho, and Thomas. "The door just opened. They still have time." Newt sent her a sympathetic look before walking off along with some of the others while she stayed there with Chuck.

"No way..." Zart spoke up, looking back at the maze with wide eyes.

Lizzie glanced at him with confusion before she looked back at the maze. Her eye's eyes widened when she saw Thomas and Minho walking around the corner carrying Alby. She was beyond relieved and happy they were all alive, but a concerned expression formed on her face upon seeing Alby still looked hurt.

"Yeah!" Chuck cheers, looking back at the others, who started walking off with a grin. "They're back!"

They all walked back up, looking forward with shock. As Thomas and Minho got to them, Newt, Zart, and Frypan took Alby from them and laid him on the ground. Lizzie's eyes widened when she noticed the blood on Alby and realized he must've been stung.

"You saw a Griever?" Chuck asked as he looked at Thomas with surprise.

Lizzie looks over at Thomas, wanting to know the answer to this as well. "Yeah, I saw one." Thomas replied.

Minho shakes his head, glancing at everyone. "He didn't just see it. He killed it."

Lizzie's eyes widened, staring at Thomas with surprise. No one has ever done that before. But Thomas hasn't been in the Glade and just survives a night in the maze, plus kills a Griever. That was kind of suspicious to Lizzie.