Everyone agreed instantly. A weekend getaway was always fun.

"I'll text everyone so we can organize cars," he said, playing the father of the group, and everyone agreed again and headed their own way.

I drove home, in a good mood, and was greeted with a pleasant surprise waiting in my drive way.

"Hey, hey, hey, you're forty-eight hours aren't up yet," I told my girlfriend that was getting out of her car, taking her backpack with her.

"Shut up," she just said, and pressed a quick kiss to my cheek once I got up to her. "It's come to my attention that the only reason why I was studying and doing my homework lately was because of you, so now that you're the keeper of my good habits, you have to keep at it."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "I don't trust you."

"Wiser words have never been said," my girlfriend replied with a grin.

"I am the brain in this relationship," I joke, earning myself the soft knocking of her elbow on my side.

"Come on," Lexi said, slipping her hand in mine. "I need to suffer through my chemistry homework. Do you have anything you need to do? I assume you have some backlog too."

"Math is my eternal bane," I replied, my football gear over one shoulder, and my girlfriend's hand in mine.

"Perfect," my Pumpkin said with a grin.

I grinned back, shaking my head a little. "Perfect."

Once we were in my room, we set up shop at my coffee table on the library level, sitting on the ground in front of my couch.

We took our books out and started to work.

I was only slightly surprised. Part of me had thought that maybe this was just a ruse to get me alone in my room.

I was clearly a willing participant in either option.

But we were actually doing homework, which was a good thing. I'd been slacking lately if I was being honest.

I got Mark's text in the group chat for the Creek trip this weekend and looked at my girlfriend. She'd be happy about this.

"The Creek this weekend, you're in?" I asked her, already guessing her answer.

"Really? I thought the last time was our last of the year," she replied, smiling wide, happy at the prospect.

"Looks like the weather is going to be super warm this weekend. And it's going to be a nice break," I smiled back.

"And I'm assuming no Clark and Shawn?"

I snorted. "Most definitely."

"I'm in. Of course."

"Good. And can I count on you to be cheering for me on the side lines at the game on Friday?" I added. This felt a little weird to ask. But I wanted her there.

"Oh, you're playing?" she asked.

"That's the goal, unless something happens."

"That's great Blake!" she replied, hugging me and pressing a quick peck to my cheek.

I laughed at her happy outburst. "Yeah."

"I'll definitely be there," she told me, nodding, while letting go of me.

"I should be giving you a jersey, or a jacket, right?" I added as an afterthought.

"I never say no to any piece of clothing from you."

I laughed again. "I'll see what I can do. Back to work now," I commanded, pointing to her homework.

We were working in silence side by side, our knees brushing.

Now and then though, Lexi would press a quick kiss to my shoulder. It was almost on a clock.

I frowned at her with a smile after the tenth time. "What are you doing?"

"Every time I finish an exercise, I give you a kiss. It's my reward," she explained making me laugh.

"Oh, you're definitely on to something," I told her, pressing a kiss to her shoulder too and did the same thing as her now.

At one point, I side eyed her homework and timed myself just right, to turn my head and lean down at just the right moment to have her kiss my lips instead of my shoulder.

Her laugh was instantaneous. "You're crafty."

"Once again, brain in this relationship."

Lexi elbowed me again, and continued her homework.

I asked her questions now and then, not sure about which equations to use, or about the order of some confusing compound, and she helped me with.

Eventually, Lexi got through everything she had to do, and sighed, stretching her arms over her head. "Done, finally."

I grinned at her. She smiled back.

This simple moment had given me an unprecedented amount of joy.

I looked at her as she gathered her thing. "Are you leaving already?"

"Yeah, I'm watching a movie with Tyler and Dad, so I have to go back. You're welcome to come," she said getting back on her feet while I stayed sitting crossed legged on the floor.

In normal circumstances I would have jumped on the invitation, but this time I wanted to work on my painting. I'd been thinking about it all day.

"I still have a few things I need to do," I replied.

Lexi just nodded, smiling and bended, pressing a quick kiss to my lips. "No problem. You can always drop by if you change your mind."

"Dully noted." I got up. I was going to be a good boyfriend and walk her to the door.

I followed her all the way to the front door, and waved at her as she drove away.

And then I turned back and headed to my shack for another sleepless night of painting.

__________________

Happy Monday my little Pumpkins! :D

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I wanted more of these little mundane moments between Lexi and Blake. Also. CREEK!  I'm writing the Creek chapters on Patreon right now, and Lexi is already in trouble! ;P mouhahaha

Also! I FINISHED NANOWRIMO! For the first time in my 11 years of trying! I DID IT! I wrote 50,000 words in one month. I really didn't believe I would be able to do it. Wednesday was the last day to finish it, and I said as a joke in the morning, "if anyone asks me to replace them at work one more time I'm throwing a tantrum on the ground" and like a couple of hours later, the guy that was supposed to do the evening shift texted me asking me to replace him. 8D Anyway! All is well now, I was left the hell alone this weekend, so I let myself be lazy to catch up on the many nights of not sleeping enough. And now I'm going back to my writing plans.

I do want to share that this NaNoWriMo project of mine is going to be uploaded on Wattpad soon. I've been told that it feels like Blake and Lexi, but in a historical romance setting. My main leads are ADORABLE. Like, I'm reaaaaaaally excited to share them with you guys. And I'm super excited about finishing Life in Paintings this month. And about potentially doing a twelve days of Christmas post thing. And about lots and lots of Blake and Lexi making out in Little Bitch. ;P And more Virgin and the Whore and Weird and Weirder veeeery soon.

And yeah. I'm just super motivated for the coming weeks and all my writing projects. 

Honestly, I still can't believe I managed to finish NaNoWriMo. I had given up hope. 

Anyway! I shall go back to writing now. Or maybe sleep. So I can wake up early and write all day tomorrow.

Alright! Thank you so much for sticking around guys and still supporting my silly lil stories. It really means the world to me! I LOVE YOU GUYS! See you all next week! <3