Chapter 20: Danger At Night

"If I knew that you were celebrating the new year with Hyunsuk's family, I would definitely not have let the servants disturb you. I only have a small cold and it's nothing to worry about. How can it compare to the matter of you paying a visit to Hyunsuk's elders? I want to investigate which little ba*tard leaked the news and I didn't even startle your mother."

"Is that so?"

Jihoon frowned slightly when he heard that. He felt that something was not right.

However. . . He could not put his finger on it.

At this moment, in town. . .

Hyunsuk's mood was very complicated. He was missing Jihoon so much. And also he was very worried about him.

He pushed the door open and went out. When he saw his grandparents nervously guarding the door, he knew that they were worried about him.

"Sukie, I've heated some chicken soup. Do you want some?"

"No need. I will go up to the mountain to pay my respects to my mom."

"It's almost dark. . . "

"Then you should come back earlier."

Grandma wanted to stop him, but Grandpa stopped her. Grandpa gave her a look, and Grandma pursed her dry lips without saying anything.

Hyunsuk nodded and promised to come back as soon as possible.

It was now evening, and the afterglow of the setting sun was on the mountain path. Hyunsuk walked very quickly because it was getting dark early now.

As he walked, he felt that something was not right. Someone was following him. It was a person, not a ghost. He could hear soft footsteps. He slowed down his footsteps, and so did the other party. He increased his speed, and so did the other party.

Hyunsuk's heart trembled. It was inevitable that he was afraid. After all, no one knew what had happened to him in the wilderness. He could only run away. He was familiar with the terrain here, so he could hide behind the tombstone.

Once he ran, the black shadow behind him also moved. The man's footsteps were much faster than him.

Hyunsuk's foot slipped and he fell to the ground in a sorry state. His elbow even hit the stone and it was so painful that it was numb.
The shadow behind him was very close to him.

The other person was dressed in black, but he did not cover his face.

"Who are you?"

"Looks like you don't know me. I wonder how did you got married to him? I feel pity for you."

"What...what are you talking about!?"

The unknown man's eyes were about to split apart, his emotions suddenly becoming agitated. His eyes actually revealed a bloodthirsty aura. He suddenly pounced forward and grabbed Hyunsuk's neck.

"Why did you came on my way? Do you know? You're a big thorn on my way. Do you really think that I won't dare to touch you?"

"You. . . What exactly do you want? You, you aren't grandfather's person, right?"

If it was really grandfather's person, he would not be so crazy as to force himself. Who exactly was he? Was he a bad person who wanted to deal with Jihoon?

He retracted his hand and slowly cut off Hyunsuk's air. Hyunsuk could feel the terrifying killing intent coming from the man's body.

He really wanted to kill him.

"You. . . If you kill me, you're going to jail too. Let go of me, are you crazy?"

"Go to jail? Who's going to jail? Do you know that I'm in the human purgatory right now? I thought you could help me. But I was wrong about you. Since you won't help me. . . Then go to hell. I don't want to keep someone like you by his side. Wasting my life!"