CHAPTER 28

*AVA MARTIN*

The warmth of the water dripping from my hair, the water droplets rolling on my skin as I stood under the shower. The mixed fragrance of the scented candle and the body oils I used diffused in the whole bathroom.
An yellowish orange ray of light peeked in the bathroom from the small window. The glass door and the mirror turned foggy because of the steam. I was lost in the light humming that I didn't notice the bathroom door creaked open, someone entering it, the figure opened the glass door. A loud screeching, pitched scream left my mouth. I hurriedly ran towards the shelf and wrapped a blue colored, cotton towel around my body, without checking who the figure belonged to.
I switched the light on scanning the whole situation.

"Devin! Mr. Devin Miller! I think it's common manners to knock on the door, specially the bathrooms door. To not enter the bathroom when someone is in there using it!"
I spoke emphasizing my accent on every single word that I spoke.

"I told you to come down for lunch, didn't I?"
He stated, putting both of his hands in the pockets of his office pants. He casually spoke as if nothing big had happened or as if it was his usual habit running into the bathroom when there are people using it.

"Yes! You did send your messenger with the message, I got it. But I guess you didn't get my message."
I spoke, basically screamed. I clutched tightly onto the towel which was wrapped around my figure still wet from the shower.
The way we both kept screaming I'm sure everyone in the mansion might know by now, what happened between us in the bathroom a while ago.

"Ava, I'm sure it's still fresh in your memory, the instruction I gave you, just obey whatever the hell I say. Can't you obey this simple instruction I said? Will it kill you to do that?"
Devin shouted, his hand gestures showed he was annoyed.

"Yes it will. It will kill me. Why the hell should I obey whatever you say, why should I do whatever you what me to do, I'm not your slave, I'm not your dummy, I'm not a puppet you can control, and if you think you can control my body, my soul and my actions then I'll kill my self right here right now because I don't want a measly person like you controlling my life!"
I roared right at his face, but I guess that was not a good move because my words were like fuel to his anger.

"Huh! Measly? Did I hear that right?"
He scoffed. His hands suddenly moved fast taking out the gun from his pocket, it took him a split second to place that gun on my forehead.

"You want to kill me now?! Sure go on. Let's end this today, let's not drag this any further because that's my wish too, kill me right now."
I placed my hands on the gun as I spoke, positioning the gun in front of my brain.

"I swear Ava, don't test my patience I'll pull the trigger. It won't be hard for me to bury your skull in some part of the earth where no one will find it."

"Then it's my wish, please do that. Let's not drag this further."
I spoke with my arms crossed on my chest as I spoke, poking my inner cheek with my tongue.

"Just head downstairs after you are done with your mess."
He spoke as he turned his back on me fixing his gun in the back of his pants, fixing his coat he went out of the room. I watched him go out of the room. His figure slowly disappeared as he walked down the stairs.

I examined the wardrobe messily, throwing clothes everywhere, finding something decent to wear. My wardrobe has been full of gowns ever since I married him. Gowns, long gowns, floral gowns, gowns with sequins, revealing gowns, silk gowns, gowns till the end.

Once I picked a nice floral gown for me to wear, I stuffed all the clothes back in, messily. I hurriedly pulled my hair up in a tight bun. I gathered all my stuff, taking my sweet time to do everything slowly. I took slow steps down the staircase and towards the dining room. The long table was set up with steamy chicken soup at both the end of the tables. A candelabra was in the center with no candles.
I saw Devin at the other end of the table, sitting and staring at me. His gaze was so strong I swear I felt it pierce me.

"How long are you going to keep this up Devin?"
I spoke pulling out my seat and sitting. I staring back at him, right in the eye.

"I know ava, why don't you try to gain some trust first."

"How am I supposed to trust you when you aren't even trust worthy."

"Let's drop this topic. I need to tell you something."
He said, sipping his soup slowly after blowing on it.

"Speak."
I spoke fiercely. I seemed strong on the outside but believe I was so scared after saying that.

" You've got some audacity to speak to me like that."
I looked at him after sipping my soup slowly. He had fire in his eyes.

"I'll tell her, Mr. Miller you don't worry."
Rossi spoke breaking the gaze between us.

"As there has been some investigation going on, as to where miss Ava Martin has disappeared. So to end the investigation the chairman has kept a get together inviting some company people and some of his friends. You're going to be introduced as his wife. The get together is tomorrow at 6:00 pm. We need you to be ready by then."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hiyaaaa!!
I'm backkkk!!! I missed y'all!! I hope Y'all are great. I was about to post this chapter earlier today but as it was my birthday today I was relaxing.
And If y'all have read my post before this chapter I wrote in that announcement that I submitted some sample work to a publishing company to get selected in as a co-author in an anthology. Good news!!! I got selected!! I have written some content for that company. They are going to publish the book in January next year I guess. The book's name is mizuki.
Stay safe y'all winters have arrived a little bit.  <3
Byeeeee!!!!