CHAPTER 23

*AVA MARTIN*

"Hey do you think we should get a small apartment after we get out of this place?"
The boy spoke looking at the girl with deep gray eyes.
She was his star, he was star gazing.

"Yeah we should, and we'll buy a pet a cute little kitten, or a puppy."
The girl spoke with both her palms placed on either, tilting her head a little.

"I..... Nevermind."
The boy spoke with hesitation looking away from the girl.

"What happened? Tell me."

"No, it's... It's nothing."

"Come on, don't hide it."

"I have undeniable feeling for you."
The boy spoke blushing, keeping his hand on his nape, looking away.

"I understand if you don't feel the same."
The boy continued after a split second, looking back at the girl.

"I feel the same."

"You do?"

"Yes, and I'm not shy to confess."
The girl leaned forwards hugging the boy, making his heart flutter.

"How about we promise?"

"What kind of promise?"

"We'll never leave each other for the rest of our lives."

"How about we wear promise bracelets?"
The young boy spoke looking at everything but her.

"Yeah, I have two bracelets, how about you keep this one?"
The girl rolled one of the bracelet off her wrist and gave it to the boy.

"I'll never leave you."
The boy spoke holding both of her hands, tightly.

I woke up with jerk and stood up Infront of the bed. What kind of dream was that...

I stared at the clock, it was 12:00am.
Devin will be home in less then an hour, I should head towards that area.
I closed the window and drew the  drew the curtains. All I could see outside the window was pitch black scenery.

I wore my night gown with a silk robe over it and headed towards that place, moving with fast pace. I could hear my slippers hit against the floor as walked down the staircase.

The back of my silk robe flew because of the night chilly wind, the weather was pleasant these days.

I sat with my legs dipped in the hot tub. The warm water was calming, I've never lived in such luxury maybe that's why it felt pleasant but a little uncomfortable as well.

"What are you doing here, Ava?"
I rotated my head a little to see Devin standing there in his usual office attire but without his bag. Right now the wind was the main character which made his hair messy, making him look strangely fierce.

"I thought I might enjoy the luxury here....as your wife."
I replied, telling him with my hand gestures.

"There are other things you can do in this house."

"Like what? Sit in the room and have a staring contest with the invisible air, "oohhh the wind looks nice." No sorry I ain't doing that Devin."

"You know this as well, that there is not a single thing in this house which is fun."
I spoke insulting his house on his face.

"I'm not in a mood to fight, Ava. If you're done I'm heading towards the room, it's already late and I'm exhausted."
He moved a little back, and turned to go towards his own room.

"Hey!"
I spoke, practically screamed making him turn around with a exhausted angry face.

"What now?"

"Why don't you join me in the hot tub? It's calming, plus you said you wanted to live as a real husband and wife. What kind of wife know nothing about her husband?"

He started walking forward, immediately taking off his coat and throwing it over his shoulder, he unbuttoned his shirt and kept those both aside.

"What are you doing!?"
I exclaimed, keeping both my palms infront of my face, while he came and sat beside me dipping his legs the water.

"Do you expect me to go in the hot tub with my office suit? You sure are strange. Now tell me what do you want to know."

"Can you nice for once?"

"That's kinda not my thing? Just shoot the questions?"

"Okay so, what was you childhood like?"

"Unpleasant."
He responded with a one word answer. Something was strange.

"Unpleasant?"
I asked, repeating his response with curiosity.

"I'd prefer if you don't ask about that."

"Okay, if you say so let's drop that topic. What about you love life? First love? Crush? Anything?"

"I had....... I had a love once in my teenage days, but she is nowhere to be found now, she...... Abandoned me."

"That's sad. Did she love you?"
I asked with genuine curiosity, now suddenly interested in his past life story.

"She loved me, she confessed it to me, we decided to live together but..........in the end she abandoned me."
Who knew I would get to see this side of the most dangerous mafia in the world.
My hands out of my own control moved forward and wrapped around his neck, hugging him.

"It's gonna be okay."

"It's okay, I'm not sad anymore, it was an extremely long time ago. But she did teach me one thing."

"What that?"

"Never ever believe in love, love is a false feeling, love is nothing but a feeling your heart makes you feel when it betrays you."

"Then what about when couples fall in love, get married, is it not love? Love does exist."

"Love does not exist, that is just some mere attraction between people, which people mistake as love."

It was as if I could see his heart shattered like a glass, once a glass breaks it can't be fixed again.

"Should we head back now, it's getting chilly?"

"Sure."
I agreed with him in a low, guilty voice. I think it was wrong of me to ask him that.

We headed towards the room taking small steps. My body shivered due to the cold air hitting my body, just when he came forward and placed his jacket on my shoulders.

Who knew the devil would have an angelic side of him.......

........

Hola!
How did you guys like this chapter?
From this chapter onwards I'll start to reveal Devin's and Ava's past life, the upcoming chapters have more past life in them.
Do vote and comment on the chapter if you liked it. It would mean a lot.
Sending lots of love to you guys!
Take care
Byeeee!!!!