CHAPTER 12

*AVA MARTIN*

"I'm sorry for being late. We are a little short on staff today. I apologize for this behavior."
The manager said looking down.

I looked towards her. She was wearing a white plain shirt with long pencil black skirt. Her hair tied into a tight bun while her air bangs were a bit messy. She tucked her bangs behind her ears.

"No it's okay. We surely do understand."
I responded with a smile as she looked towards me.

"Do you want me to show you a reception dress or the main wedding dress?"

"We would like to look at both."
Devin said with a stern face.

"Sure. Sir will you decide the wedding dress for your soon to be bride?"

"I'll decide it myself."
I said interrupting the conversation as Devin was about to say something.

"No, I'll choose it myself."

"It's not like you're gonna wear it."
I said rolling my eyes.

"Show me the way." I said moving towards her.

"Sure ma'am follow this way." She lead the way. I walked behind her while seeing many beautiful dresses hanging on mannequin. That was the moment I remembered how much my late mother wished to see me in a wedding dress. A tear escaped my eye thinking about her.

"Ma'am what kind of dress would you like?"

"A simple dress would be fine. And please the sleeves should be their."

"Yes, for sure. If you give me a minute I'll find you a dress like that. Can you please wait in the dressing room?"

"Yes sure."

I went inside the Dressing room. After a while she came with my dress. It was this gorgeous dress filled with sequins from top to bottom. The back was a bit revealing but I was fine with it since the dress was dazzling.

"Is this According to your liking ma'am?"

"Oh yes, it's gorgeous."
I said while giving her a little smile.

"Would you like to try this on, or should I recommend something else?"

"No no, this will be fine. I'd like to try this on."

"Sure."
With a smile she drew the curtain so I could change.

I tried to get into the dress but I guess it was a little tight and my hand couldn't reach the zip I tried everything I could but couldn't. I drew the curtain trying to find the manager, but she was no where to be found.
Their was only one choice, DEVIN.
I walked to him holding the shoulders of the dress so I does not fall off.

"Hey, could you..... Could you zip the back of the dress? If that's not too weird."
I said looking down, thinking he would find this weird, or he would think I am weirdly attracted to this guy or I'm trying to turn him on or something. What nonsense am I thinking!

"Turn around."
He said in husky voice which kinda felt sexy to me for the first time.

"Uh?"
I was confused. The heck did he just say.

He walked in my direction held my shoulders tightly and turned me around.

"Don't you want me to zip your dress, or do you to show your exposed back to the whole boutique?"
He said zipping my dress and turning me back around.

"Uh..... Thanks? I guess....."

He went and sat back on the sofa. Just at that moment the manager came running again.

"Ma'am I'm extremely sorry! I apologize for this behavior as I told you I'm a little short on staff at this moment. I deeply apologize again for this behavior of mine. I'm deeply ashamed."
She said bowing again and again.

"It's okay, you don't need to apologize again and again. I understand."
I said walking towards her, holding her hand and smiling.

"Should I finalize this dress if you like this ma'am?"
She said looking at me with hopeful and a tint of pityful eyes.

"Yes I'll take this."
I smiled.
She sighed, her actions showed as if my words gave her a bucket full of hope.

"How would you like to pay?"

I turned around watching him pull a credit card from his pocket.

"Credit card I guess."
I said turning back around looking at her.

"Sure, if you give me the dress I'll pack it."

"I'll go take it off right now."

"I'll wait for you right here."

I went behind the curtains again, took it off carefully and returning the dress back to the manager.

"You can go to the payment counter, you'll find your dress their."

I walked to the payment counter with Devin walking behind me. I stood staring doing nothing as I had a whole alive walking bag of money paying for my dress.

"Where are we going now?"
I asked sitting in the back of the car.

"Home."

"I'm genuinely curious about this matter, is giving one or two word answers a new hobby of yours? Or have you finally realized how annoying your talks were?"

"Ava, I'm not in a mood to fight, please keep your mouth shut."
He said pinching the part of his nose between his eyes.

"Gosh! I also don't like talking to you. I better talk to the walls not you. Why the hell did I think you were a nice guy when you zipped my dress. You're the same old, rude Devin."

He ignored me not saying a word.
I guess it's fine. As long as we don't talk to each other their won't be any clash between us.

Soon we reached home, or should I say a place where I got kidnapped since it wasn't that far.

I went in cracking my knuckles. Since I was too tired I decided to take a nap. As I went in none of my stuff was in there. I ran out as soon as I saw the scenario.

"Devin Miller, what the hell is going on?"

"Watcha talking about?"
He said with the cigarette in his mouth.

I snatched the cigarette from his mouth and put out in an ash tray.

I should have understood his behavior from the start, I should have known what he was up to from the very beginning.

Hola!
Hiya guys I'm back I guess.... After a real long time.Wattpad wasn't working in my region.
I hope to stay for while on Wattpad since I won't be able to use it during my exams.
I hope you all are doing okay.
Take care!
Byeee!

(Feel free to give your opinions on this episode :) )