CHAPTER 22

*AVA MARTIN*

"Here are some instructions for you."
I tilted my head up after hearing his statement, he was fixing his plain blue tie for work.
Am I his maid or what?

"I take my breakfast early in the morning, simple fried egg with two toasts, coffee with no sugar, and roasted almonds."
He demanded, turning towards me. He came a bit forward with quiet steps.

"Do you understand that, honey?"
He said, placing his index finger under my chin, emphasizing the word honey.

"You should have married a maid then, Sweet Heart."
I said, lighting the thread of argument.

"I'm in no mood for an argument, princess. Save that for later."
He said walking out the room fixing his hair.

"Ah! And you can go out but with one of my man. There are a lot of guards standing out you can take any one of those."
He said as he placed his last step out of the room, before shutting the door.
Finally some peace......

I got up walking towards bathroom in my night gown, hanging loose on my slim body.
A calm hot shower might help me relax my mind a bit.
I walked under the shower, dropping my gown on the floor.
The warm water hitting my body gave me an extremely de-stressing effect.
The scented candles, the fragrance of the shampoo, the dim lights in the bathroom, I didn't know anything, accept I was kind of enjoying it, the shower....

I got out of the shower applying body oil on me and drying my hair.

Did he tell anyone in the company I'm his wife now? I bet he didn't...

I got out of the room, peeking downstairs like a spy to see if there was any maid or his body guards.
I might check out the mansion the devil lives in.
I roamed around the house, as if I owned it. His neverending big house was dry as hell, with out any fun stuff, yup! Then again why would a heartless mafia have fun stuff in his house.

I walked till the end of the corridor and discovered a...... Hot tub.

"Mrs. Miller!"

I rotated 180° to see the maid running after me, out of breath.

"Yes, how may I help you?"
I asked kindly, holding her hand so that she doesn't pass out after all that running.

"Mrs. Miller, you're not allowed here."
I could see the lines of worry on her forehead, that made me wonder why wasn't I allowed here?

"May I request for a reason?"

"That is Mr. Millers private space. He only allows some maids in this space for cleaning. Even Mr. Rossi isn't allowed here. The maids might get in trouble he gets to know someone entered his private space."

"Don't worry, he'll understand it since we are married."

"But Mrs. Miller-"

"I'll handle is don't worry."
I said cutting her off, I passed her a reassuring smile to let her know everything is gonna be alright.

"What time does Devin come back when he says "he's gonna be late"?

"Around 12:30."

"Then can I ask you for a favour."
I held her cold, bony hands tightly.
She nodded in response.

"Around 12: 20 get the hot tub ready, and when Devin comes tell him to meet me here."

"So you're basically telling me to dig my own grave. But okay I'll do that."

"Thank you."
I spoke, after peeking again into the hot tub space.

I continued my tour around the house, humming and jumping everywhere. I was basically a hummingbird at this point.
I went roaming towards my bedroom, correction our bedroom.
Just when I saw the door, the door which was always closed. What is so secret that he doesn't even let anybody through this door?

I peeked through the key hole opening but all I could see was a pitch black scene. Just when I sensed a hand on my shoulder.
I turned my head and upper body a little to see Rossi smiling at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Discovering interesting things."
I spoke tilting my head and smiling.

"Hey you cute little thing, you do know that this room is forbidden, right?"

"I do know that but...... Like..... What the hell is so secret? I mean..."

"Does he corpses in there?"
I whispered after a little pause, bringing his ear closer to my mouth.

"Stop the overthinking let's go to your room."
He spoke, grabbing my shoulder pushing my through the way.

We both entered the room, closing the door behind us.

"Are you alright?"
Devin spoke shattering the glass of silence.

"About what?"
I asked with genuine curiosity, now All my attention directed towards him.

"You know....... Just the whole marraige and stuff? Are you comfortable?"

"I would definitely be lying if I said yes right now."

"Hang in there, you're gonna be out of this inferno in no time."

"I really hope so too."

Just then a butterfly flew in the room and placed it self on my cheek.

"Hey you have a really cute butterfly on your cheek."

"Is it pretty?"

"Really pretty...."

Rossi stepped forward trying to get the butter fly on his palm.

"Guess the butterfly doesn't want to leave the pretty person."
I chuckled to his response while nodding. There was a whole scene of laughter between us until we realized the space between us was nothing but......... 1 cm.

I analyzed the situation between us, as I moved back I was stopped by Rossi's hand on my back.
I cold wind coming in the room through the window, making the curtains dance, gave me goosebumps on my skin.

Rossi moved close, erasing the distance between us. His gentle lips pressed against mine, after a split second I realized our lips moving in rythm. His hand travelled from my back to my cheeks, while I placed my arms around his neck bringing him close.

We both broke the kiss, catching our breaths, while my nose touched his.

"Do you like me?"

"We can't do his Rossi."

"We don't need to tell him."

"He'll kill both us."
I replied, not wasting a second.

"I like you, Ava. Do you feel the same way?"

"Rossi....."

"Ava, I asked a question."

"Nevermind I don't wish for an answer."
He spoke breaking the touchiness between us, he walked through the door not glancing a gaze at me.

I lay down on the bed rewinding every moment that just happened in my head, not knowing my fingers traced my lips thinking about Rossi.

Do I..... Do I like Rossi?

......

Hiya!
How are y'all?? The lazy author is back after finishing exams.
Did you like today's chapter? Do comment and vote on today's chap if you like it, it would mean a lot.
So who's your ship after today's chapter?

Rossi×Ava

Or

Devin×Ava

Some exiting things are coming in the next chapter don't forget to check it out.

Take care you all.
Love you.
Byeee!!!