Nine

This is gonna be a longer chapter because I didn't wanna break it into more than one! So buckle up, maybe have some tissues on hand, and get ready for a whole lot of sappy, sweet love 💕

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope you look just like your momma
And love her like I do
You'll see close to perfect patience
If you watch her every move
You can always run to daddy
You'll always be my baby, but
Look at her, baby girl
And you'll learn
How to be a lady

Lady x Brett Young

Jake

After somehow getting Emmy Jett's feet out of her mama's ribs and making her acrobatics stop, Beck passed out cold.  I'm in awe of how much she already does for our little family.  She hasn't complained much at all, but I know the constant vomiting and aches and pains have taken a toll on her, which is why I try to dote on her as much as possible when I'm home. The crew has still been out running missions and Beck has been officially grounded and is firmly planted in a support role, typically finding herself as Maverick's right hand woman. We're still looking for Todd and the rest of the HOC, but they're deep underground and have pulled back on their operations for the time being making it near impossible to get a lock on them. It does help to know that Todd was behind the scenes covering their tracks up to this point, giving us better ideas of what to watch for. Their lack of noise is disconcerting though, that's for sure.

I end up laying awake a little longer with my hand on Beck's belly as her statement from the party ran through my mind.

"The little stinker got her daddy's name before I did!"

It just didn't sit right with me.  Not because she said it, but because it was true.  I was just thinking about all the things that are gonna change in our life soon, and I want our names to be the same...as long as she does too.  I want our mortgage to say Beckham and Jacob Seresin, Emersyn's birth certificate to have Beckham Seresin listed as the mother, not Beckham Teague.   Suddenly, an idea pops into my mind and I grab my phone off of the nightstand.  I start a new group chat and label it "CLASSIFIED: OPERATION B. SERESIN" and include our closest friends and family, knowing I'll need all of their help.  Thankfully, my family is still in town and was planning on spending a few more days here.  Hopefully they won't mind extending their trip a little bit longer.  Everyone quickly replies, ready to offer their help in any way possible.  A grin splits across my face as I snuggle into Beckham's neck, then I follow her into a peaceful sleep. 

Beckham

I roll over the next morning and curl into Jake, happy to have him home.  He's been busting his ass at work lately and as much as I've hated not being out there with him, Emmy is kicking my ass and I'm enjoying the slight reprieve from being in the air. Jake managed to convince Mav to only send the crew on local/no overnight ops for the next week since Jake's family came in for the gender reveal. I'm so excited to spend time with all the Seresins, especially his mom, who I now call Mama J since her name is Jill. I've found myself growing impossibly closer to her during my pregnancy and I've gone to her so many times with all the questions I have. I absolutely wish my own mom was here for this, but I'm so thankful for her stepping in to help fill that hole in my heart.

"Mmmm, good morning sweet girl. How's my gorgeous little mama doing?" Jake asks as his arms pull me closer to his chest.

"I'm good, the best sleep I've had in weeks. Apparently the little nugget missed you as much as I did," I reply with a kiss to his jaw. "Your daughter inherited your appetite though, because I'm hungry as a hippo right now! We're meeting your family for brunch in an hour, so hop to it!" I smack his unfairly perfect bubble butt as I roll out of bed and towards the shower, 90% certain I still have some pink powder from yesterday in my hair. Jake joins me, and like usual, he washes my hair and body, leaving extra love where our girl was wiggling. We quickly wash off and get ready before heading to my favorite brunch spot that has the best waffles that have been calling my name all week.