Chapter Sixteen: Breaking

Johnny glares at the bottle of wine, his mind racing. With an angry sigh, he pours another cup, emptying the bottle. Johnny hastily downs the cup as he stands, stumbling his way through the house.

"If we don't do something, he is going to drink himself to death," Sam mutters as he watches Johnny on the security camera.

"What can we do? We can't wave a magic wand and wake Fable up. The doctors said if she didn't wake up within a month...she might not at all. It's been almost three months." Dean sighs sadly as he leans back in his chair.

"No, we can't. But... I know someone who might be able to..." Sam says with a knowing smile, turning his attention back to the screen.

~~~~

Johnny slips into the makeshift hospital room, growing still when he sees Fable. She has always been pale, but not this pale. Even Tim wouldn't make a character this pale...

With a deep inhale, Johnny takes a step closer. Tears well up in his eyes but he can't bring himself to get any closer. Fable doesn't even look alive anymore. If it weren't for the machines softly beeping in the background, he'd believe she had passed.

"Oh, hello sir. I hadn't heard you come in." The nurse who had been silently charting in the corner says.

"Any change?" Johnny asks emotionally.

"Ah...well... Sir, I think it would be a good idea if you sat down..." The nurse says nervously. Johnny's face twists with anxiety as he practically collapses into the chair beside the bed. It feels like his heart has lodged itself in his throat. Without a word, the nurse hands him a small square picture. Johnny looks it over before looking up at her with a confused look.

"Is this a joke?" Johnny asks in shock.

"No sir. I can pull the ultrasound machine back out if you'd like me to." The nurse says hesitantly.

"But... I've had a vasectomy...That's not possible." Johnny gasps as he looks back down at the ultrasound.

"All I can suggest, sir, is that you get tested... There is a small chance things could heal back up..." the nurse suggests before turning her attention back to the chart. Johnny looks over Fable, his lip quivering.

"Please, baby... Come back to me." Johnny whispers, placing a firm kiss on Fable's still hand. He hastily leaves the room, frantically making his way to his private home. Johnny rushes into the soundproof band room, collapsing to the ground before screaming in frustration and pain. After screaming to the point of losing his voice, Johnny slowly stands. He leaves the room emotionless as he turns his attention to his list of important things to do...

~~~~

Johnny's leg thunders in a nervous habit as he waits in the doctor's office, his heart racing.

"I thought they said twenty minutes," Johnny mutters to his daughter, Lily-Rose.

"Give it time dad, they just want to make sure they get it right," Lily says, rubbing her dad's back.

"What am I going to do if it comes back negative?" Johnny asks emotionally as he studies his gorgeous daughter.

"One step at a time." Lily sighs, giving her dad a quick kiss on the cheek. As she does, a door opens.

"Mr. Depp?" The nurse asks, giving Johnny a friendly smile.

"I'll be right here waiting for you," Lily says, giving her dad a quick hug. Johnny nods before following the nurse to a back room.

"The doctor will be in in just a moment." The nurse says before leaving. Now Johnny's leg is thundering as he looks around the room.

'I hate doctors' offices.' Johnny thinks anxiously, his eyes flying to the door when it opens.