Chapter Six: Reconnection

Fable jumps when someone firmly knocks on the front door, nearly dropping her bag. She's finally gotten everything packed, though she's not sure where she is going to go. Before she can react, Sofia rushes past her.

"Hey..." Sofia beams as she throws open the door. However, she goes silent when she sees who is waiting at the door.

"Hello. I'm looking for Fable-Ann Coleman." Johnny says kindly, fiddling with a small wrapped gift in his hands.

"Johnny?" Fable asks in surprise, slowly approaching the door.

"Hey," Johnny says with a shy smile. Fable can't help but smile back as she slips past Sofia. Sofia continues to stare at Johnny in absolute shock.

"What are you doing here?" Fable asks as her cheeks begin to pinken. Johnny is wearing the same shirt he had on when he dropped her off a month ago. He has paired it with a pair of nice black dress pants and his platform shoes; which he has shined.

"I was hoping we could talk..." Johnny says as he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Okay... but why did you wait so long to decide we needed to talk?..." Fable asks, her eyes showing her hurt.

"Well, I was hoping you'd reach out. I didn't want to come across as too forward... I figured the gifts..."

"Gifts, what gifts?" Fable cuts him off to ask. Johnny snaps his mouth shut with a startlingly loud snap before managing to speak.

"The gifts... I sent... There were six I think... You haven't gotten any of them?" Johnny asks in shock.

"No..." Fable mutters nervously.

"Not even the flowers?" He asks sadly.

"No," Fable says just as sadly before Sofia finally speaks.

"I'm sorry." Sofia squeaks, earning a confused look from both of them.

"And you are?" Johnny asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, that's Sofia, my roommate," Fable says simply.

"Ah, the one that kicked you out?"

"Yeah..."

"I never kicked you out." Sofia snaps with a glare.

"Yes, you did," Fable says simply, earning a dirty look from Sofia. However, that looks fades when she looks over at Johnny.

"I didn't know you sent them..." Sofia manages, her eyes lock on Johnny nervously.

"Did you take the presents?" Johnny asks, stepping inside the apartment when Fable stops aside.

"Yes..." Sofia mutters as she shuts the door.

"Go get them, now," Johnny says firmly.

"I can't..." Sofia whispers, her eyes locked on her feet.

"What did you do with them?" Johnny asks as he crosses his arms over his chest, the present tucked under his arm. He is starting to sound upset now.

"I sold most of them..." Sofia admits, pulling on her blouse nervously. Fable's face twists with annoyance when Sofia's bright pink bra peeks out from under the blouse.

"You sold them? Gifts intended for someone else, with someone else's name on it. I know there is no way you could have missed her name on those gifts." Johnny asks with a tense jaw.

"Yeah... I... I just didn't think she deserved them. All she does is sin...."

"Shut up." Johnny suddenly snaps, earning a surprised look from both women.