13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | BETRAYAL

"THE PROJECT compassion is my sole idea dedicated to all the employees of Fritzgibbons Corporation. They're the backbone of this company. Without them helping my late husband, our corporation is not at the top."

Aidan muted the TV and called Miss Jimenez through the intercom. Nanginginig ang buong kalamnan niya sa narinig na pag-angkin ng kanyang ina sa project na sisimulan palang nila. They had a plan for it and will supposedly start tomorrow, but this all happened, and they couldn't take off. The worst was that his mother disclosed it to the media, vying for fame even if Fritzgibbons Corporation wasn't hers.

Based on his late father's will, the whole company will be Aidan's fortune and their other business. With his knowledge, it took his mother weeks to plan the press conference, but still, what his mother did was a form of betrayal for Aidan. They betrayed him, and everything happened out of control thanks to his chatty assistant.

"Mr. Fritzgibbons, you called me?" tanong na kanyang narinig pagpasok ni Sierra.

"Did you know about this?" Diretsahan niyang tanong sa assistant. Pinipigilan niya magalit dahil hindi naman alam ni Sierra kung gaano ka-tuso ang kanyang nanay. Si Aidan lamang ang nakakakilala dito lalong-lalo na sa bagong pamilya nito.

They're all there in front of all the media from different stations and platforms, smiling and hailing victory. While he's here watching those weasels going behind his back.

"I didn't know -"

"You see? That's why trusting anyone here, even outside the company, was not a good idea." Malalim siyang huminga at muling tumingin sa TV. "But they're not the player in this company. Do you know how to play Russian Roulette?"

"Uhm, no, sir,"

"I'll teach you how because I'm good at it."

Inutusan niya ang assistant na ihanda ang mga bala nila dahil maglalaro sila ng paborito niyang laro ngayon. Imbitado siyempre ang mga kamag anak niya lalo na ang kanyang nanay. But he'll let them celebrate while they're collecting evidence which Aidan can use to cut ties legally.

"I'm so sorry about the thing about your mother, sir. I didn't know -"

"Do me a favor, Miss Jimenez. Gather everything I asked you, and do not betray me."

Tumatango ang dalaga at sumunod agad sa kanyang inuutos. Aidan was the real player, not the one they played on. Ipapakita niya sa mga ito kung paano siya maglaro kung saan siya ang panalo at silang lahat ang talunan. It may sounds scary to an innocent mind but that's how Aidan run the company. He didn't wanted to experienced another betrayal again, definitely not from his comipany.

Aidan can still trust Sierra, and somehow he accepted even if from time to time she's making mistakes. Kaya naman niya lusutan ang lahat na hindi nangangailangan ng tulong pero sa ngayon, hindi niya puwedeng itapon ang assistant. Puwede niya pa itong gamitin sa ibang bagay at dito lahat mag-uumpisa. Project compassion won't pushes through and he have to start cleaning home right away.

"Aidan, what happened?" tanong na pumukaw sa kanyang malalim na pag-iisip. "She used Sierra and took advantage of everything."

"You saying that now when you wished me to have that coy's compassion?"

It was Martin, and he didn't want to take out the hate on him. Martin, Bernadette, and Dickie were all trustworthy, and it's up to him to include Sierra on that list. Her big mouth was the root of all the commotion happening now. But he'll see what she's got to the errand he asked her to do.

"I'm sorry. So, what's the plan now?"

"We'll finish the game they started, Martin."

"All right."