{12} The One Where Things Go Bad

***

***

Much to Rafael's dismay, they did end up taking MG to meet his father. They found his father alone in a church practicing a sermon. MG had revealed himself to his father and the two of them had a very touching reunion. The reunion was the answer to Vienna's question about what MG's mother was hiding. From what Vienna had understood, Mrs. Greasley hadn't even told MG's father that MG was alive as a vampire. That was why she refused to let MG see his father. Finding that out had definitely upset Vienna.

While MG and his father had a touching reunion, Landon, Rafael, and Vienna had gone out into the woods. One reason was to give the other two space to catch up and another was because of the full moon. They didn't have enough time to head all the way back to the school so they had to manage with Rafael wolfing out in the middle of the woods now. They had lit a fire so they wouldn't have to worry about freezing to death which was good since Vienna felt like she was on the verge of frostbite at this point. She was never able to handle the cold well.

What they worked on now was making sure that Rafael didn't hurt anyone while under the full moon's influence. They were going to manage this by chaining him up to a nearby tree which Landon had already gotten to work on. Landon let out a grunt as he tightened the chains that wrapped around Rafael, "All good."

"You sure this is gonna work?" Rafael inquired.

No. Honestly, no. Vienna didn't think it would work at all. But she hoped for the best and she would be ready to use magic if necessary. Thankfully, Vienna wasn't the only one unsure about the whole thing. Landon just had a funnier way of putting it, "Oh, to be honest, bro, this is actually a first for me. But if you have a better idea," Landon made sure the lock on the chains was secured. "I'm all ears."

"And I'm here in case anything happens to go wrong." The blonde wrapped her arms around her knees in an attempt to warm herself up.

This wasn't enough for Rafael, "A better plan would've been not leaving the school at all."

It wasn't too bad that they left the school. MG was able to reunite with his father after not seeing or talking to him for who-knows-how-long. He got to find out the truth about why his father had avoided him. They were at least able to accomplish that. Landon had been on the same page, "Well, excuse me for wanting to help MG," Landon grunted as he tightened the chains further. "Or you."

Okay, this was no longer going to involve Vienna. This was starting to get a little too personal and she was not going to get involved since she didn't know Landon and Rafael well enough to get into these topics. Rafael was very upset with Landon still, "Yeah, and now we're all three screwed. Cause, what, you- You couldn't find your parents, so you... You made him get answers from his?" Rafael shook his head. "That's not right."