{8} Vienna the Killer

***

***

No one dared to say anything. No one knew what to say. Even Hope who knew that this happened didn't know what to say. No one knew how to react after seeing a glowing energy and light envelope Vienna's ankle that miraculously healed after the energy and light disappeared. Hope and Landon stared at her with wide eyes. Slowly, Dr. Saltzman moved to stand in front of Vienna.

Bending down, he took a closer look at the ankle. The shirt was completely covered with blood, the only semblance that there used to be an injury. When he stared at Vienna's ankle, it looked perfectly fine. Like no injury had ever been there at all. Dr. Saltzman met Vienna's eyes, "How did..." He was unable to finish the question, not having much strength to get the words out.

"I honestly don't know," Vienna quickly responded. "I swear. It happened before with my broken leg-"

Cutting her off, Dr. Saltzman thought about what she had just said, "You mean that this happened before and you didn't tell me?"

Oh, great. She just dug herself into a deeper hole. Vienna shook her head, "There was never any time," And that was the truth. There was the gargoyle, the twins' mom, the Necromancer, and now this Night Hag. Vienna would be surprised if she ever had the time to tell him. Thankfully, she didn't have to tell him now. But now he knew at the worst possible time. "Besides, even if I told you sooner, it wouldn't make a difference."

"Um..," Landon trailed off. He gestured to Vienna's uninjured ankle, "Are all witches able to do that?" He turned to Hope, "Are you able to do that?"

The look the girl gave him was honestly funny. She raised an eyebrow at him for a moment before shaking her head, "No. This is just a Vienna thing apparently," Hope turned her attention back to Vienna, "I remember you telling me about your leg, but I didn't think it happened like that."

"I tried to look into it, but I couldn't find anything about it," Vienna leaned back against the chair she was in. She stared up at the ceiling with a look of clear frustration on her face, "I basically read all of the books in the library and nothing," The blonde hesitated for a moment, "I also snuck into your office and looked at your books." She turned her head to look at Dr. Saltzman.

Obviously, the man was very surprised to hear this, "And how were you-" He cut himself off when Vienna held up her silver wand. She used it to unlock the door to the office and she snuck in whenever he wasn't around. The headmaster gave her a deadpanned look before grabbing it out of her hand, "I'm confiscating that."

"What?" Vienna straightened up. "But it's mine!"

"What is it?" Landon gave the device a once-over.