You start eating, not being bothered by the silence. It does not seem heavy compared before. Or maybe, the post hunger is just making you focus on food first more than anything.

After having a few bites, your father finally started. "You see, Y/N, we're finally getting back on track. With the help of you mom, we managed to fix the stuffs in work."

"Wow, that's nice. Really." You applauded. "Atleast those nights being alone does not come to a waste."

"Don't say that it's really going well, hey," Your mom nudged the man beside her and looked at you. "There's still some uncertainty.. you know?"

Honestly, you don't care whatever's the state of their business.

But you had to nod, pretending it does.

"We have a party," Your father smiled, waiting for you to respond. And so, you hummed, anticipating for his next sentence. "You should come."

"What?" You were too busy slurping on the soup.

Your father watched you do your business with food first with a slight smile in his face, finding his own daughter adorable. "Yeah, I just said you should come to the party."

"Su-- WHAT?" You looked up, the corners of your lips slightly raised, "Wait. No!"

"This one, we can't disagree with you for not coming," You eyed your dad wiping the corners of his mouth and wearing a serious look. "I promised my Boss to be complete later, with you and your mother. They were already looking for your brother but of course, he won't be able to come. The least I can do is bring you and your mom."

Shit. But you don't really want to go..

You huffed a sigh, a very big one.

You have to make an alibi. There's no way you will show up there. Once everyone knew about your position as your father's child, the pressure you already have will be heavy.

You can't risk your freaking mental health.

"I'm sorry, I know you won't like it. You don't have to talk too much there, Y/N." Your father reassured, reaching out to ruffle your hair. Although the two of you gets a proper conversation compared to your mom, you can't help but keep on sulking right now. "I want you to prepare later, get your hair and make up fixed. The dress is already prepar--"

"I can't, I have to attend a shop opening," You mouthed.

Your grip on the utensils tightened. You know that you'd rather die out of curiousity than show up there. But with your current situation, you'd rather be surrounded by strangers than the people in your father's workplace.

The two of them reacted. Your mother wore a serious look while your father have a.. contradicting smile.

Atleast he was smiling, right?

"You did not tell me about it?" Your mom raised her brow.

"Let her live her life. I'm happy with that news, anyway." You want to throw a hug to your dad. This is one of the reason you actually like him more. He don't just disagree with stuff because he wants to, but you know he's rational enough to decide.

However, you chose to respect the glare you're currently receiving from your mom. She knows you just went out last night, plus you did not hint anything.

She had enough of you and spoke again, "You did not notify us like atleast a day before? This is not so you, Y/N."

A breath you did not know you were holding was released. You were afraid your mother would snitch with you going out yesterday.