Chapter 4: trust

Song Zhi You is lazing around her bed while still reminiscing.

The police arrest the man who wants to assault her who is the orphanage dean.

The police wanted her to transfer to another orphanage but she begged them not to!

So they gave her a test paper, she was skeptical so the policewoman explained to her that there was a government organization that will give an orphan a chance to live independently as long as the child passed the test.

Meaning the child's IQ should be above average.

This organization will give the child allowance and scholarship to any school they choose.

But the condition is the student should remain in the top 5 high scorers for the whole grade.

This organization is the one that is molding those geniuses to the shape they wanted.

Song Zhi You understand this the moment the officer explains this but, she still agrees.

As long as she won't pick the organization's interest it is fine.

After she passed the exam, they contacted the organization then she was given her another test.

She passed the test again, the organizer was fast and efficient so she was given a place to live and an independent identity that very same day.

Now she is 18 and will be graduating this year, if she remembers correctly the original Song Zhi You is already starting to be the fake daughter's blood bank.

She has to wake up every day early even on weekends because she have children to tutor on weekends.

She chose the Nanyung Academy not because of those rich brats but because compared to other schools Nanyung Academy is lax.

She has to tutor 2 students every weekend, the pay is good so even though she doesn't have any literally patience with these brats but, because she chooses to live a normal life so she accepts this offer.

Her first student is a middle schooler, the first one is a timid girl, she is not stupid but because she is sickly so she is always absent from her class resulting in her to fall behind.

"Miss Song! please come in! my daughter is ready!"

The student's mother welcomed her enthusiastically.

She gave her, her practiced smile and entered the apartment.

She was led to the girl's room and she started tutoring.

She will teach for 3 hours, so in the morning, she will start at 8 then end at 11.

Because her work is always efficient so the students can easily understand her, so the parents liked her resulting in extra red pockets for each of them.

But of course, her pride will never allow her to take it so she is always declining them so the parents changed their approach and instead gave her gifts.

Because she saw how those parents made an effort so she reluctantly accepted the gifts.

Sometimes fruits, or food, books that she needs or even school supplies.

So later on, she got closer to her students' parents, but she never ate in their house.

Maybe because of how she was raised by her grandfather in her past life but, she never ate outside her own home.

At first, it was hard for her but because she is Zhi You, so she only took 1 week to learn how to cook.

Now she can say that she already mastered the art of cooking.

Even if she travels for business trip, she will bring her own trustful cook.

Maybe she was only raised to not trust easily.

That is the only unshakable trait she has.

Her coldness was reduced, her indifference towards everything reduced, but not this one.

And she doubts the time when she can fully trust someone else will really come.