11

G I A V A N N A       A M A T O

It's been one hour since that kiss. I feel anxious but excited at the same time.

What does this mean for us?
Do I have feeling for him?

"You haven't trained today, Malady." Sebastien says, after the episode had finished. I think he secretly enjoys Modern Family. But I won't boast about it.

"Give me a break." I groan, stretching my body out across the couch.

I'm so drained from all the training lately. I honestly just want one break.

"Not happening, I need you training. Now." He stands up, and his face went all serious.

"Please." I emphasise.

"No Giavanna. I've let you watch your television shit."

"No, just one day rest, training is so boring."

"I didn't bring you here on vacation, this is your job."

"My job? Latley i've been snogging you whenever. Not training." I smirk, his jaw clenches and his fists tighten.

I'm being truthful though, all he has done is kiss me and doesn't speak anything of it. Like he regrets it straight after. He needs to put his big boy pants on a talk to a girl.

He ends up dragging me by my arms off the couch.

This is not going to be a good afternoon.

"Your a real arse, you know that right?" I say.

"Really?"

He takes me hand, and pulls me to the gym.

"I'll come in later to see what your doing, bye." He kisses me on the forehead.

My whole body suddenly got red.

This just got alot more complicated. Fucking arse he is. He's tempting me.

"Afternood Giavanna." My trainer greets me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Good Afternoon." I walk up to him.

"Today, I want to see your fighting in action." He turns his head to the boxing ring behind him.

"You are strong, and know how to shoot, punch, kick. So this will be different." he carries on.

This is not at all different. I can knock out anyone.

He passes me a roll of tape - which I use around my hands - and then some boxing gloves, this time they actually fit me.

Normally, I would need some alcohol to get my adrenaline going, but for the past couple days, I've been okay without it.

I already feel like I can kill.

Maybe Sebastien is right about alcohol.

I hop into the ring, as he is standing there already. But without any gloves on.

"Aren't you going to be fighting?" I ask.

"I'm just going to start you off with basic defence movements. So react when I try something with you."

"Right." I reply.

He starts by grabbing my forearm and pulls my body into his.

I react, with my knee, I hit his arm. I punch him in the jaw twice. And then use an uppercut on his chin.

His body heavily drops to the floor.

At first, I thought he was overreacting but then red liquid started to develop out of his mouth.

"Shit." I mutter.

I just stood there staring at him. No clue what on earth to do.

Then, a senses flood back into my brain.

Sebastien must have a Medic around, since it's the Mafia. They get shot all the time. Right?

Find a Medic.

I whip my gloves off.

"I'll be right back, with help." I yell, running out of the gym.

Shit do I know where the fuck a Medic would be in this maze of a house.

I climb the stairs from the basement and make my way down the halls.

My eyes study all the doors down the hallways. Trying to find one which says 'Medical'. And I see it.

I rush into the room straight away, and see an old lady sitting at a desk.

"Doctor, are you a doctor?" I ask, breathing heavily.

She doesn't respond. Instead, she stares at me strangely.

"I'm Giavanna Amato. I don't know if Sebastien told you about me, but I need your help." I say in a long sentence and no breath.

"Oh yes, what is the matter?" Her thick French accent comes out.

"In the gym," I say whilst walking out the room "The trainer, I kind of knocked him out. Badly."

She follows behind me without a response.

It was an awkward walk to the gym, but we finally get there and straight away, she assess him.

"Seems his jaw is fractured."

"What?"

"Yes, those fists of yours are very powerful." She chuckles.

Why is she laughing? I just fractured this poor man's jaw. What a bitch.

She gets him up on a chair and starts talking to him. Atleast he isn't dead.

"Giavanna! Are you okay?" Sebastien rushes through the door. Panting.

"I'm fine, it's him." I glare at my trainers swollen face.

Wait a minute - did he just... nevermind.

"You did this?" He asks.

It takes a moment for me to respond to him, "yeah."

"I thought he knocked you up."

"Right." I say, still looking at the swollen face.

"Giavanna, look at me."

I hesitate, since I don't know what the hell his crazy ass mind will do, but then I look at him.

"I'm not mad. I'm proud. You fought someone. Your training is doing great."

Thankfully, he doesn't seduce me into kissing him. But the 12 things he said engraved something in my heart.

His eyes flashed in mine. His words meant something. He truly believed in me. No one has ever believed in my before. Only my father.

"This is what I was waiting for, you, to show your power."

I had power. I've always had power. In my hands. But not in my mind. I feel more powerful. But only through my actions. My strength builds me my power.

He has made me powerful.

But why?

I still feel hella bad about the trainer. But powerful too.

But why?

"I'd recommend going to sleep now, you have a long day ahead of you, Malady."

Shit. The fucking Masquerade Ball.

"What about the trainer?"

Then, I notice that my trainer and the Doctor had left.

"Don't care about him, he will be fine." He rolls his eyes.

"Night Sebastien."

"Night Malady."