Chapter 3: Phase I

𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟶𝟺

𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟶𝟺.𝟸𝟺.𝟸𝟶𝟻𝟽
𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝟹𝟶,𝟶𝟶𝟶 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚝, 𝙺𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚗  𝙰𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎

Chaeyoung's POV

Watching Y/N taking off from the runway and ascending up to the skies of the unknown, I've been living in this world for nearly 300 years and you can tell I've witnessed plenty of magnificent flying, however, that was something else. 

"So, Miss Park, do you think Cadet Chang Y/N has what it takes?" Coach Lee Soo-man curiously asked me and I softly chuckled.

"Now, now, Mr. Lee, when you get around my age, you don't even need to have a deep conversation to truly get to know a man. All I need to truly understand his desires and capabilities is by looking right into his eyes." I answered him making him raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asked me and I grinned.

"You'll find out soon enough that, Y/N, is a lot more of a menace in the air than you'll ever imagine," I replied to him. 

"Hmm... Interesting rebut, let's see if you're argument is proven to be true." He said to me before having the A.I. pilots target Y/N's fighter.

Although Lee Soo-man is a wise and strategic mind, humans can only live so long and gain so more knowledge than our kind can. They still have a lot more to learn. 

------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

Y/N's POV

As the boogies began to quickly approach my direction, they suddenly split up and began targeting me. Quickly, I maneuver myself to avoid getting locked on but the A.I. F-16 Vipers attempt to surround me. 

One of the bandit Vipers flew behind me and attempted to lock onto me, I didn't even give it a chance when I suddenly pulled a Cobra maneuver and got behind it. 

The downside of A.I. pilots is that they're exactly the brightest and it takes a little while for the computer to fully comprehend what had just happened. 

Taking the open window, I locked onto the Viper and pushed the weapon release. 

As the missile quickly closes in, it was too late for the Viper to launch flares or try losing it, an explosion occurred releasing a cloud of smoke meaning that the Viper is eliminated from the exercise

Now, when it comes to Dogfight Elimination when you get hit by a missile once or get shot at by dummy bullets, you're eliminated from the game. 

How the sport works are they're five rounds of dogfighting and the goal is for you and your team to eliminate the opposing team to earn a point. The team with the most points wins the whole game. Simple, right? 

Back in the present, only four A.I. pilots remain as the tagged Viper had withdrawn from the airspace. 

It didn't look like they weren't going down without a fight and that's fine because they only delay the inevitable. 

All Vipers had split up leaving them exposed without a wingman to back them up, one by one, I managed to tag them all out without any issues. 

Honestly, I wish they were more of a challenge but I'm confident Coach Soo-man has more in store for me. 

Once the final bandit Viper has withdrawn from the airspace, ATC ordered me to return back to the air base. 

"Heh, that was some nice dogfighting out there, Cadet, but remember this is only the beginning." Coach Soo-man warned me and I chuckled.

"Copy that, over and out," I replied to him before signing off.

Heading back to the air base, I landed back on the runway and taxied back to the hangar until trucks had pushed me back inside. 

The crew team rushed in with the ladder as I opened the canopy, taking off my mask, I slowly climb down the ladder and Chaeyoung came to greet me. 

 "Hehe, congrats on passing Phase I, I've been watching the footage from your fighter and I gotta say you're the most dangerous thing in the sky..." She complimented me and I scoffed. 

"Yeah, whatever," I replied to her and she rolled her eyes.

"But be careful my little daredevil, get too close to the sun and your wings will burn out~." She warned me in that slutty tone once again and I ignored her. 

We walked back into the briefing room to debrief on the next phase of the test, Coach Lee Soo-man gave me some pointers and tips but gave me pointers on what I did great at. 

But the only thing that annoyed me was that the Cobra maneuver I pulled off could've gotten me killed but then again you did what it takes to defeat your enemy because if that was an actual dogfight... It's do or die. 

Haha, of course, that time has long passed by now as war is now impossible to break out with everyone's military being converted into a single self-defense force but I'm just saying.

 After he was done lecturing me about dogfighting, he informed me that the second phase of my test will be next week to give me some time to relax and to get further medical evaluations from Chaeyoung.

"That's all I have to say, dismissed." He excused me and we left the room. 

Chaeyoung then escorts me back to the medical center nearby the classroom building where all pilot cadets get medical treatment and evaluations but I can already tell that this isn't going to be a "normal" examination based on the menacing smile she has on her face.

I feel like there's something that Skystrike isn't telling me about her... 

---------------------------------------

To Be Continued...

Author: If I do end up writing a smut chapter, I'll be sure to leave an 18+ warning on the chapter title! What do you think will happen next between Rosé and Y/N? Stay tuned to find out! Hoped yall liked the chapter and story so far but if you did please leave a vote and comment if you can :)