Girlfriend Corporation: Sixty Three

Start from the beginning

"Please be patient with me." My thoughts were interrupted when a swift kiss was planted on my.. forehead. As Ryujin said those words almost begging.

"I just want to let you know that I have no intentions of sharing you with anyone else. No one." Especially Yeji. Ryujin chuckled lightly and patting the top of my head, messing my hair in the process. I frowned as I lightly shoved her hand away.

It's a sweet gesture. If I was Bella. Tss.

"I would have jumped into your bones if we're not attending my sister's funeral.. Please stop being so hot for a second. I might.. do something.." I raised an eyebrow in curiosity about what she had whispered in the end of her sentence. Might do something what?

"What?" I asked a bit annoyed simce she's just been depressed a little earlier and now she's getting.. cheeky.

"I might do something inappropriate only girlfriends and wives should be doing." Ryujin said as she walked past me. I only realized what she meant when I heard the door shut closed after she went out, leaving me more frustrated than ever.

"Why can't we just be girlfriends then?!" I said aggravatedly annoyed.

Wait.. what?

Forget I said something.

All that comfort I was feeling when Ryujin and I were talking earlier was once replaced with anguish and sadness. Watching Ryujin with so much sorrow in her eyes but was not able to cry was probably the most heartbreaking thing I have witnessed in my entire life. I can see the heartbreak, the emptiness, the regrets, and a whole bunch of other emotions behind those blank face of hers.

Beside Ryujin resides both her parents mirroring her expression. But I could not tell if they were sharing the same burden Ryujin has inside her chest. If they really care about Heejin, or if they ever loved both of them. I can't judge. I don't know them in personal level.

In my arms is a hysterically crying child. Zephora has been crying since this morning. She refused to let go of me unless it is Ryujin who wants to tend on her. She does not want anyone near her. Not even her grandparents.

Beside me is Yuna. Who is comforting a crying Chaeryeong. I understand since they all grew up together. I understand that she might have treated and seen Heejin as her other sister. Behind us are people that I don't know. I've seen Chaeyoung whom I shared a casual conversation earlier, and other girls from the corporation. I assumed to be with Ryujin.

And I've seen Yeji as well. I've seen her stealing glances on Ryujin. And honestly, I feel no remorse at her or whatever. Now is not the time to hold grudges on anyone. Not even on Yeji. I still can feel a tiny wheeny bit of jealousy though.. I mean, not really a bit. But.. you understand me, right?

I snapped out of my wandering thoughts as a man whom I assumed a priest advised to have the people closest to Heejin to deliver their last messages to her.

"Do you have something to tell your Aunt Heejin before she goes to heaven?" I asked the little child on my arms who vigorously shook her head while her face was still buried on my neck. I sighed as I looked at Ryujin with a small smile. That she returned after a little while.

Ryujin's parents refused to stand up as well. Refusing to deliver a last message of anything which is strange. I thought they resolved their issues when they found out about Zephora. Am I actually witnessing a parent not showing an ounce of care to their dead daughter even for the last time? Here I thought that Ryujin's father was a bit different than her mother.

Heartless motherfuckers.

Instead, Chaeryeong stood up and walked towards the mic.

"Uhm.. Good afternoon. I'm Lee Chaeryeong. And I am.. Heejin Unnie's youngest.. sister." I smiled softly at what she had said. How can someone be this soft to people? "I know I might be a little late to tell you this but.. I'll say it anyway, in hopes that you'll hear it from heaven." Chaeryeong cleared her throat and held out a white rose on her hand with a soft smile plastered on her lips.