11: Sports Festival

Class 1A gathers in the waiting room before they head out into the stadium. Ochako and Izuku are talking to their classmates near each other, some more nervous than others. Ochako was nervous because Izuku had helped her train with her quirk so that she almost beat Izuku in one of their spars. Their quirks were similar enough that she could mimic most of the time. Grappling and throws are perfect for someone who either needs to get all five fingers on their opponents or just a good grip.

While sitting down and focusing on what's ahead, Izuku head footsteps headed towards him. Looking up, he sees Todoroki. He has never spoken a word to Izuku and doubts that Todoroki is going to give Izuku a pep talk with the look on his face.

"Midoriya, I am stronger than you. I don't know how you beat that Villain at the USJ, but I don't care. I promise that I will win today." He says with a cold look on his face.

Totally confused on why he decided that Todoroki wanted to throw down like that, he responds. "Not sure why you think I pissed your cheerios this morning, but I'm not just going to lay down and die for you if we fight." Thinking of his quirk, he has a good chance. "If you use your fire, tho, it will be harder." But he does have a secret move that not even Ochako knows about.

Turning around with even a colder look on his face, he says, "I will never use his fire." And walks away. Katsuki, hearing all this, is furious that one of the top students in class challenging Deku instead of him. Getting ready to shout how he will take the spot gets cut off by the intercom, saying all students in the room to move to the stadium.

Izuku and Yayoruzo lead the class thru the doors to see thousands of fans cheering for students to show what they got. Izuku has never been in a situation like this before, and looking back, he sees most of his class in a similar situation as he is. Some tho, like Ashido, take the attention of thousands in stride.

With Present Mic announcing his class and mentioning the USJ in the process. Getting to his seat next to Ochako, the introduction of classes continues until the umpire walks out. Questioning his school if they wanted a lawsuit in their hands would be rude, but he wonders how Midnight got the position of umpire today.

"Quiet down kittens, we start the Festival with the Student's oath. Izuku Midoriya, come up here." She whips her ridding crop directly towards him in the crowd.

Completely thrown off, he looks at Ochako to see she is also confused, then to Yayoruzo. She says quickly, "You place first in the Entrance Exam. You have to give a speech."

Getting up and accepting his fate, he walks to the stage and takes the microphone from his teacher. Standing there, the crowd quiets down, and he thinks quickly. He looks up the box where his homeroom teacher is and says, "Thank you, Eraserhead, for the head up." He hears thru the speakers his homeroom teacher's voice "Shit I knew I forgot something. The mic is still on fu -" He turns back to his competition."Well, all I have to say is for everyone to give their 100 percent and don't give up until the bell has rung, Plus Ultra!"

With that, the crowd cheers and he gets down and stands with his class with some pats on his back. Midnight continues after that with the announcement of the first event. The obstacles race and everyone immediately gets up and rushes to the gate where it begins. Grabbing Ochako by the hand before she can leave he tells her to wait. Trusting Izuku she nods, but asks "Are you just going to tear to the end?" Looking at her with a smile "What's the fun in that."

With a bang, it starts and the class body in crushed by the narrow exit, looking ahead he picks a spot at the end of the gate above the crowd of students. Tearing a hole he motions her to go thru it, she does so and so does Sero who saw them and decided to cheat with them. Shrugging Izuku runs thru himself and is now in the race, quirks going off left and right. He sprints to see the next obstacle, robots from the entrance exam. Without stopping he sprints and does what he does best rips and tears. He does not stop running as he faces a three-pointer head on, dodging the first swing he gets into range and goes thru the robot. Jumping out of the back like a horror movie for robots he continues.