CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

I waited with the little patience I had for 'him' to come in. I wasn't to sure who father was talking about it, but the feeling in the pit of my stomach gave me a pretty good guess.
"Loki," I breathed as my brother stepped into the room. He glared angrily at me. I guess that Father had finally given him a lecture about pretending to be him and taking over the throne. He clearly deserved it though.
My rave-haired brother stood in front of Father, his stance defient and almost disobedient. I swalloed back a chuckle. Even now, when it seemed like Loki hated me, I still felt the undying love I had from the start. He would always be my brother, no matter what he did, or how badly he treated me.
"I am sending you back to Midguard to live out the rest of your punishment there. But, you will not have your powers this time, and you will be with Thor at all times." Father said, judging him accordingly.
I nodded my agreement, even though the last part disturbed me some. If he was to be with me constantly, that means that he will see Avallone again, which could mean anything, though I think that my brother loves her more than he thinks.
Loki glared at me, reading my thoughts. I chuckled in my dark corner, and stepped foward. "I will take him Father, and will care for him. He will be getting into no trouble on Midgaurd as long as I am watching over him."
Father nodded, sufficently satisfied with my answer. "You will leave immediately, and will not return, ever. So, I suggest you say goodbye to what ever friends you have here."
There was bitterness in Father's tone as we walked out of the throne room together. "I do not love her, despite what you think, brother," Loki said, the word brother only said to mock me.
"I think you do." I commented, not wanting to say anymore. My thoughts were most likely giving everything away. The plane crash, her memory loss, the necklace.
Loki stopped short. "What?" He asked, turning to me. That's it, I knew that I had thought about it, and that he had been searching through my thoughts.
I sighed. "It is true, Lady Avallone and Lady Natasha were in a plane crash, which killed their pilot, and put Lady Avallone in the hospital. She came out with memory loss, and hasn't been coping that well lately."
Brother shook his head. "Let's just leave. I do not wish to be in this miserable place any longer than need be." I nodded and we walked to the bifrost together, silence seeming like my only companion.

Avallone's P.O.V.
The morning sunshine rose me from my plagued sleep. Making my way into the bathroom, I woke myself up fully by splashing cold water onto my face.
Dark bags hung under my eyes, creating a zombie-like effect. I applied some foundation, which covered it up pretty well.
Last night's dreams consisted completely of the horrors of my past. There was not enough memories in there for me to piece together who I was and gain back my memory. It just told me I was a freaking messed up person.
I changed into a white floral dress and made my way to the kitchen. The smell of scones filled the room, and I almost glided in. Standing over the oven, stood a woman with strawberry blonde hair that reached half way down her torso.
"Pepper," I greeted, giving her a happy smile as she turned around. "Avallone!" She replied, giving me a quick hug and focusing on her baking. "It smells delicious," I complimented grabbing some spreads and putting them onto the coffee table.
"Oh thank you. It's really nice to hear that from you, since you were always the one cooking in this place." She said, her smile warming my heart. I haven't been feeling the happiest lately, but that just made me feel happy inside and out.
I quietly left the room, and walked aimlessly down the hallway. I stepped into the elevator, and picked a random floor. The machine dinged and the metal doors opened, giving me access to the room.
Walking down the hallway, I realised that this was the floor with the pool on it, so I quickly went there, prepared to dip my toes into the cool water.
But, when I got into the room, I saw that it was not empty, but contained a daunting figure that was swimming back and forth.
Bucky.
I was contemplating whether to stay or not, when he got out, and proceeded to stare at me. "I, uh, was just wandering around the tower. I didn't know that -"
"It's fine. Good morning." He said, grabbing a towel and drying himself off. Him + shirtless made my head swim, and I clutched the wall besaide me nauteously.
"Are you alright?" He asked, now right in frotn of me. I smiled sheepishly. "I just can't look at you without a shirt on." Bucky chuckled, and placed his hands on my shoulders, the metal one almost clanking.
Slowly, he leaned in closer and whispered in my ear, "Is this better?" I shook my head, unable to speak and barely able to breath. He chuckled again and stepped back, letting me go.
My heart sank when his hands left my shoulders. It seemed to take all the warmth away from my body, even though his metal arm did send a chill down my spine.
I shook my head. He was a murderer, an assassin; I could not fall for him.
But, as I looked up and saw him watching me with his startling eyes, I felt my heart race, and my breathing quickened. He was looking at me the same way I felt myself looking at him.
With calculated intentions, he leaned closer to me, slowly and carefully. His face was inches from mine when I finally realised what he was about to do.
His lips met mine, and fireworks exploded.