Bandit Scuffle (Flower Husbands)

Series: Empires S2

Plot: The Sheriff might need help dealing with the Tumbletown bandits again...

(Side note: I haven't watched a whole lot of Jimmy's Empires vids, sorry if I get any details wrong)

Jimmy recoiled far too harshly for his liking, his elytra stopping in its glide and sending him spiraling to the ground.  A bullet from one of the two bandits below had caught him in his right knee, and a second bullet punched a hole through his brown and gold wings.  Thankfully he wasn't too high up so the fall damage wasn't an issue, and neither was the tear in his wing that he could stitch back easily later, but the chunk of metal lodged in his kneecap definitely was.  Before he knew it, the two bandits stood over him, the one on the right blowing off a small plume of smoke emerging from his pistol.

"Well, well, well," the gun handler said, pulling his red bandana back over his mouth, "and here I thought I was just gettin' another one of them vultures.  Say, this bird kinda looks like the Sheriff,"

He and his partner laughed.  Jimmy tried to sit up, but the bandit to the left pinned him back down with his foot.  Blood was starting to pool around his punctured leg, and he was starting to feel a bit weaker each passing moment.

"You two... are not getting away with this!"  Jimmy threatened with no avail. 

"Eh, say whatcha want, this baby's still got 4 rounds in her and all 4 of 'em are gettin' to ya skull one way or another," the right bandit said, the click of a reload emitting from his pistol.  "Any last words, Sheriff?"

Just then, as Jimmy looked up to see his assailants, he noticed a flash of color in the sky.  For a second he figured it was his imagination, or maybe even a splotch in his vision, but it circled around once and then started getting bigger. 

No, it wasn't getting bigger, it was getting closer.

Scott rammed his body head-first into the right bandit, successfully getting him down.  The bandit holding down Jimmy tried backing away, but the colorful ruler noticed and fired off an arrow into their shoulder, to which they finally panicked and darted off.  When he looked back for the one he had tackled, he saw that he was already gone.

Scott let out a sigh of relief until he remembered who he was kicking their asses for.  He turned back and ran to Jimmy, who was now sitting up against a rock and fixing his blue bandana over his knee as a makeshift bandage.

"Jimmy!  Are you okay?"  Scott asked, kneeling beside his cowboy acquaintance.  Normally Jimmy wouldn't allow anyone to call him by his real name, only his title as the Sheriff, but for Scott of Chromia, and for a man who just saved his life, he'd easily make an exception.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good," Jimmy answered, "those guys just... caught me completely off guard.  Thanks for saving me there,"

Scott sighed again.  "You're lucky I was coming to get more gunpowder from you.  Here, I'll help get you to your office so we can patch you up properly,"

Scott put an arm around Jimmy, helping the blonde stand up so they could start making their way.  Jimmy also wrapped an arm around Scott.

"I really wish I could repay you somehow," Jimmy said, "but all I have to offer is gunpowder, and you already get that for free..."

Scott had almost told him not to worry about it, but then he quickly thought of something else.  "I mean, there is one thing I'd like from you,"

"What is it?" Jimmy asked.

"A kiss," Scott answered.  Jimmy's face went red as soon as he processed this thought.

"I- uh- what?" Jimmy asked, very confused.  Scott had flirted with him before, sure, but he thought that was something he did with everyone.  Why was he suddenly asking Jimmy of all people to kiss him?

Scott chuckled, almost making Jimmy believe he was joking for a second.  "C'mon, you know what a kiss is,"

"O-of course, I'm not stupid!"  Jimmy said, flustered.  "But of all the things to ask for, why is that your answer?"

Scott shrugged.  "Maybe you look very kissable,"

"I- oh my goodness you..." Jimmy said, burying his face in his one free hand. 

"What?  Did you want something more perhaps?~"  Scott asked, smirking. 

"Ok you can stop talking now," Jimmy said, his face not getting any less red. 

"Ooo, I guess someone's gonna have to make me shut up~" Scott teased.  Then Jimmy suddenly did what he least expected the sheriff to do.

He actually did kiss him. 

It felt like it would've ended up short and sweet at first, but the two quickly melted into it.  It made Jimmy realize how tensed up he was as he now relaxed in Scott's arms, feeling the taller's fingers run through his hair and not minding it a bit.  They were left a bit breathless as they pulled away from each other, smiling at one another before Jimmy suddenly buried his face in Scott's chest.

"I'm so exhausted..." the shorter mumbled.  Scott sighed, getting Jimmy to stand upright again and continuing to guide him back to his home.