Chapter 67

"Such a dry welcoming Maharaj Yudhisthir?!" Sindhuraj Jayadrath said mockingly. "No shower of flowers, no veneration plate, no garlands! And no queens!"

Yudhisthir watched him silently while Arjun's face hardened.

"I mean your brother-in-law has come to your palace for the first time. Won't the Maharani of Indraprasth be present to welcome me and your sister?" Sindhuraj asked with a smile.

"Dussala came too?" Yudhisthir asked in surprise.

"Of course! She was so excited to see the grand new city of Indraprasth that her brothers have built. How could I refuse her?" Sindhuraj replied with a sleek smile. He turned and ordered his soldier to bring Rajkumari Dussala. Yudhisthir shared a glance with Arjun who was confused by the sudden arrival of Sindhuraj and Sivi Naresh though it didn't show in his face.

Rajkumari Dussala came out of the palanquin and smiled seeing her cousin brothers after so long. A soft smile came to Yudhisthir and Arjun's lips too.

 A soft smile came to Yudhisthir and Arjun's lips too

"Prarnipat bhrata Yudhisthir." Dussala greeted him with folded hands and then nodded at Arjun as he greeted his elder sister.

"I'm so happy to see you Dussala. How have you been all these times?" Yudhisthir asked.

"Purnatah harsh-ullasit. Sukhi aur santushth ke atirikt aur kya ho sakti hai yoh?! Antatah, meri stree hai yeh, aur mujhe aapne sanginiyo ko prassanna rakhna bhali bhati aata hai.
(Absolutely jolly. How can she be anything other than happy and satisfied? She is my woman after all and I know how to please my woman well.)" Sindhuraj Jayadrath replied instead with a nasty smile.

Rajkumari Dussala lowered her eyes in embarrassment and humiliation wheras Sivi Naresh looked displeased and uncomfortable with this inappropriate remark. Arjun's face hardened again as he diverted his face and Yudhisthir only watched his brother-in-law wearing a mask of indifference.

"You have come from a long journey. You should come inside and take some rest first." Yudhisthir said ignoring his insulting remark.

"So why the delay then? Call Indraprasth's Maharani. To welcome us properly." Sindhuraj said.

"She would have welcomed you all if she was present here Sindhuraj." Yudhisthir replied with politeness. "Maharani has gone out of the palace for sometime. But you don't worry. There'll be no lacking in your welcoming."

With Yudhisthir's sign, a dasi came forward with the veneration plate. After that they moved inside the palace and settled into the guestrooms to take some rest while Arjun cornered Yudhisthir.

"What is happening here bhrata? You knew he was the one accompanying Sivi Naresh, didn't you?"

Yudhisthir gave a long look at Arjun, staring at his eyes. For the first time ever, Arjun was unable to read his brother. He couldn't understand what was going on in his brother's head. After looking at him for quite some time, Yudhisthir released a breath before answering,