Chapter 11

I suggest hearing the songs given bellow while reading. Both of them fit perfectly for the situation.....😁😁😁

"Mere bacche, yeh kya kar rahe ho tum? Kyu aapna krodh aur bal in sadharan sainik o mein byarth kar rahe ho. Aur yeh sainik tumhare hi sena ke hai. In par prahar karke swayam ke hi samarth ko ghata rahe ho tum.
(My son, what are you doing? Why you are wasting your energy and anger in thus ordinary soldiers. These soldiers are of your army only. By beating them you're making yourself weak.)"

Gandharraj Shakuni said coming inside the area where Duryodhan was practicing mace fight. More like brutally beating the soldiers.

Since that day in the Raj sabha, he had been too aggressive. He hadn't returned to the Palace after coming immediately to the army camp. All day he used to beat the soldiers and at night get drunk on alcohol. Both Maharani Gandhari and Maharaj Dhritrastra were worried for him. Maharaj Dhritrastra couldn't understand what Duryodhan wanted more and why. He had gotten the throne. Than what was bothering him now. Mahamahim Bhishma was also worried. This behaviour of the crown prince would make Hastinapur weak. They were the centre of confidence for their army and their army was afraid of their own Yuvraj now. Also he didn't wanted another alcoholic like Dussasan. Vikarna had tried to talk to him in vain. His other brother Suvharman even came with the offer of getting him some beautiful distractions. But Duryodhan listened to none. On the flip side, some of them like Durmukh, Ugrasena, Vivitsu cheered him not caring enough to know his trouble.

This was the first time Gandharraj Shakuni came to talk to him. He understood well what was going inside his head. First he lost his Mitra. The one he loved more than his brothers. And what he got in return? Duryodhan knew he reacted too much in Dwarka and shouldn't have thought to kill Karna. But he was humiliated, betrayed by his most trusted friend. He thought his friendship was much more stronger than those things. Nothing could ever come in between them much less a woman. Karna was the one who helped Duryodhan in kidnapping Bhanumati going against his Dharma. When Bhanumati refused to marry him unless Karna married Supriya, Duryodhan had told Karna he needed not to do it. But Karna had said, it was very tiny sacrifice in front of his friendship. He could do much more for his happiness.

And now that Karna, that friend of his betrayed him, humiliated him for a mere girl. What was more, he was Pandavs brother. Yes. Duryodhan thought to use him after knowing that. But that was only his hatred for Pandavs talking, not him. He wouldn't have really killed his Mitra after removing Pandavs from this earth. What difference it would make if Karna was the King of Indraprasth. He would have happily crowned his Mitra himself.

And those Pandavs! Duryodhan was afraid Pandavs would snatch Karna from him. And he was proved right. They really snatched the most precious thing Duryodhan held close to his heart.

Imagine, you have everything. A loving family, Mata, Pita, Pitamah, brothers, sister, Kakashree, Mamashree everyone. Your father, the King sitting you on his lap and telling you that you would one day become his strength, sit on the throne and enlighten his name. Your mother, the Queen feeding you ladoos and saying one day you had to fulfill your father's dream and become the pride of Kuruvansh. Your Pitamah and Kakashree saying you had the responsibility of increasing the fame of Kuru dynasty. Everyone respecting you as the future King. After all, only a King's son became King. That is what had been happening forever.

But one day someone came. Five brothers. You were told they were your brothers. But how could one love his cousins more than his own brothers. No you couldn't. Then you were ordered to share your toys, to play with them. Then you were told not you the outsider who came to live with you, was the future King.
When you asked your father about it, you saw helplessness and disappointment. He told you he wished for you to sit on the throne, after not getting the throne for himself, this was the only dream he saw. That oneday his son would sit on it. You asked your mother, she said she wished for you to fulfill your father's dream, but the outsiders were your brothers. She said to treat them as such.