Chapter 58

"Sahdev?!"
"Kanya ke saath?!!! (With a girl?!!!)"

Nakul and Bheem shared a confused and surprised glance as the soldier told them that Sahdev had entered Indraprasth with a girl.

"Who is the girl?" Bheem asked.

"He said to inform you that it's Rajkumari Vijaya of Madra." The soldier replied.

Bheem and Nakul shared another confused glance.

"Why will he return alone without the troupe and accompanied by a Rajkumari?" Bheem asked again in confusion. Nakul looked to contemplate that too before a thought struck him and his eyes widened.

"Let's not assume anything and meet them first. Inform Devika bhabishree that there's a guest arriving and she needs to be present to welcome her." Nakul said instead hiding his thoughts.

♧♧♧

Vijaya looked around at her surroundings with wide astonishing eyes taking on in the majestic city of Indraprasth. She felt afraid too. The journey had been long and went on for days before they reached here. Rajkumar Sahdev did not say anything else except that they would reach soon. Vijaya assumed they would return to the Palace of Madra only. As she had no idea of direction or the paths, she didn't realise that they were out and far from Madradesh. As she had been confined in the four walls of the palace for most part, she also enjoyed the long trip and the freedom it offered.

But now as they entered the town and Sahdev told her this was Indraprasth, she felt confused and scared.

"Come." Sahdev said as he got down from the chariot reaching the premises of the palace. Vijaya complied him silently. Sahdev started walking towards the palace with Vijaya following behind. He saw Bheem, Nakul and Devika coming outside and took a deep breath before facing them.

Here, coming at the entrance of the palace, Devika, Bheem and Nakul observed Sahdev with curiosity. As Sahdev came to stand before the three, they searched the girl around.

"Sahdev? Where is the Rajkumari that you brought?" Bheem asked not seeing anyone.

Sahdev gave a nervous glance to them before sidestepping and revealing Vijaya who was trying to hide behind him. Vijaya looked alarmed and with big fearful eyes observed the three before glancing at Sahdev. Sahdev knew what was coming and Vijaya did not disappoint.
Bheem, Nakul and Devika who were watching Vijaya with interest got startled as she started crying loudly. The trio looked at each other before giving a worried glance at Sahdev who looked sheepish.

"Iss bacci ko kaha se laye ho tum? Iski Mata kaha hai? (From where have you brought this girl? Where is her mother?)" Bheem asked making Sahdev stupefied.

Nakul gave a look to Bheem. Okay. The girl was short heighted and looked younger in age. But not so much that she would roam around with her mother's finger caught in her hand. But then he glanced at her crying face again and thought

'Well, some kids look older than their actual age too.'

"Why is she crying?" Nakul asked instead.

"Maat puchna. (Don't ask.)" Sahdev warned.

"Why not? This little girl is crying. We should ask at least what's wrong. Where is your manners?" Bheem scolded him.

"Then ask away." Sahdev said to Bheem with a tight lipped smile.

"Why are you crying little girl?" Bheem asked Vijaya throwing an irritated look at Sahdev.

"Pheeedoddeeeeeeettteeerrrrrreeeedtoooiiiittttpphooorrreeeeebbhhhhhhaaaaaaaakkkkkkkk........"

Bheem and Nakul looked dumbfounded at her reply whereas Devika looked to be confused.