• chapter twenty nine •

//TW: Domestic Abuse

"I was thinking..." Louis said late that night, slightly out of breath as he laid against Harry's chest. They were on the bathroom floor, Louis' nausea was pretty bad at the moment and he'd just finished getting sick. "Maybe this 'break' you and Liam are having could be your opportunity to leave him for good. It might be easier now since you're apart."

Harry ran his fingers through Louis' sweaty hair with a soft sigh. "I want to... but I haven't figured out what to do about Everleigh."

"Well you could give him some sort of ultimatum?" Louis suggested. "Like you could tell him you want to adopt her or you're going to take him to court for it because he's obviously unfit to parent, and you could make a good case for that."

Harry kissed the top of Louis' head and contemplated while they sat there. "I'm scared..." he finally whispered.

"I know it's scary love," Louis said gently, closing his eyes and feeling so nauseated. "But I'll be here to support you through all of it okay? And I know Mitch will too. You're not alone darling, I promise you."

Harry let out a shaky breath and nodded slowly. "Thanks Lou... I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart. You're so brave." Louis replied, as Harry held his arms around him, starting to gently rub his belly.

"You think you're ready to head to bed?" Harry asked finally, they'd been in there a while, poor Louis just felt so ill.

"Yeah I think so," Louis nodded, bracing himself to stand up.

Harry got up first, and took Louis' hands, pulling him up to his feet. He was a little startled when Louis stumbled forward, but he quickly helped him balance.

"You alright babe?" Harry asked, frowning and pulling Louis, who still had his eyes shut, to his chest.

"Mhmm... sorry I got dizzy for a second but I'm alright." Louis smiled wearily, opening his eyes.

"Don't be sorry Lou, I just wanna make sure you're okay?" Harry pulled away and cupped Louis' fevered cheeks, looking at his face intently.

"I'm alright." Louis assured him.

Harry frowned, but nodded, leaning forward and kissing Louis' forehead while still holding his cheeks. "Let's get you to bed love."

The next morning, the two of them awoke to the sound of Harry's 5 AM alarm. Harry switched on the lamp with a groan, he felt like he was always up at the crack of dawn on workdays, but a lot of photoshoot locations were pretty far away, and it took time for the makeup and hair specialists to get him all ready.

Today, he was doing another campaign with the lingerie company. After going viral, they were quickly adding more to their collection.

With Louis having a spot as a photographer for them as well, he was scheduled to be working that day. Immediately upon looking at him though, Harry knew he wouldn't be able to work that day.

"It's morning already?" Louis rasped, his voice laden with sleep as he blinked a few times to adjust to the light.

"Yeah... I wish it wasn't." Harry laughed softly, but then frowned. He placed the back of his hand on Louis' forehead and then his cheeks. "You're still burning."

Louis tried to shrug it off, "I've been under the blankets all night. I'm sure it's that, I'm fine."

"Honey, you look awful. I don't think you're fine." Harry replied, moving some of Louis' sweaty hair away from his face.