• chapter twenty two •

//TW: domestic abuse

Harry was in Everleigh's room, she was sitting in her crib watching as he was picking her clothes out for the day and singing as he did.

When Harry had come in Everleigh was asleep and now he saw she was awake and smiled. "Hello my darling, you like it when I sing?" Harry asked with a coo, he was very happy that Everleigh had a smile on her face this early in the morning.

Harry picked out her outfit and went over to pick her up. "Good morning sweetie" Harry told her, laying her down on the changing table while putting her new clothes on for the day. Then he took her downstairs where Liam was with the guy that had come over the night before. They were standing in the kitchen making out and Harry got so annoyed.

"Liam...your daughter is in the room." Harry snapped, going to the fridge to get Everleigh's food out for her. Liam looked over at him but didn't say a word or stop. "Liam, you're really sick you know? Everleigh doesn't need to be seeing you rubbing up against some random ass dude" Harry muttered as he was getting Everleigh's baby food into a bowl.

That's when Liam finally pulled away, going to walk the guy out as Harry put Everleigh in her high chair. He started to feed her when Liam walked back into the room.

"What's for breakfast?" Liam asked, sitting down at the table as Harry fed Everleigh. "Well...considering that I'm busy feeding your daughter, I think you're big enough to make your own breakfast. Unless you want me to treat you like her and spoon feed you? I'll gladly do that." Harry told him sassily, he was getting more courage to fight back against Liam.

But that did come at a price because Liam got so so angry with practically everything that came out of his mouth. Liam got very upset about that, he got up and stormed out of the room because he was just that angry.

Harry just sighed, continuing to feed Everleigh, trying not to let that ruin his day.

Soon Harry was out the door with Everleigh. Mitch was there so he put Everleigh's car seat in and then buckled her in. Then he got in the front seat. "Thanks for the ride Mitch..." Harry mumbled, knowing Mitch would be upset because he had a bruise on both his jaw and nose from where Liam punched him the night before.

"Harry...the bruises" Mitch sighed as he started driving to Louis' house. "I know...I stood up to him last night...but I paid the price" Harry sighed as he touched his jaw where he could feel the bruises.

"Well I'm glad you did, but if you ever need somewhere to go that's not home you know I'm only a text away" Mitch said, about to pull into Louis' driveway.

"I know, thank you Mitch. You're the best honestly" Harry smiled as he waited for Mitch's car to be put in park before he got out. "Thank you for the ride too...I appreciate it so much"

Harry went to Everleigh's side of the car and opened the door to get her out, really excited for her to see Louis. Once he did he waved to Mitch and walked in with Everleigh on his hip and the diaper bag slung over his opposite shoulder.

He walked up to the door and knocked, waiting patiently for Louis to answer. When he did he smiled brightly. "Hi Lou" he said as Louis let them both in. "Hello sweetheart, is this the famous Everleigh?" Louis asked with a chuckle as he looked at Everleigh.

"It is, she's just the most darling thing ever don't you think?" Harry asked him, making Louis smile because he was amazed at how Harry could love her so much even though she was a product of Liam and some other woman who probably wasn't the best person.

"She is, and she's got the most darling caregiver too" Louis smiled, leaning in to kiss his cheek. He was trying not to comment on the bruises right now, Harry seemed so happy. Harry chuckled at him as they walked into the living room, Louis taking Harry's bag despite feeling a bit weak. He discovered the reason for his headache yesterday was that he now had a bit of a cold. But he didn't want to tell Harry, not wanting him to worry.