"Street performers?" Kahuna hummed.

We pushed through the crowd, finally finding the source. To my surprise, sitting on the edge of the path playing a large harp crafted of pure bismuth was a hooded figure dressed in honey coloured fabric, a white veil over her face was the familiar concubine of the Waerburh royals. My eyes moved to the woman that was dancing then. Sure enough, Saewynn twirled in an orange body suit that showed off her long legs. She had bells tied to both her ankles, and her wrists, along with bells on her ears. She danced barefooted, with sparks of fire curling around her body as she moved. My eyes widened—she was beautiful. Despite her lack of clothing, the outfit didn't diminish her elegance nor threaten her honor. If anything, she looked ever more so stunning. As she danced, the mistress sang:

"Across the seas,

Through the trees.

The cat-sidhe, a feline be thee?

See her dancing,

Dancing.

Be a believer,

If you see her.

The wind howls,

The flame grovels

Let her be,

Let her be

And don't forget,

claim her blessing."

"They're quite set on breaking Ipuina law."

I jolted at the sound of Eliza's voice. At some point she had made her way through the crowd with Mary and Scarlet at her heels. She spoke coldly, her voice clipped with anger. I blinked, looking back at the scene and realized she was right. These two had to know speak of fae was forbidden let alone causing such a scene. I almost asked what a cat-sidhe was but then held back. Eliza certainly wouldn't appreciate the question, and it seemed she was quite angry enough already.

"Let them be," Kahuna yawned, "You'd be ruining the festival for everyone."

"I know that," Eliza replied coldly, "I'm merely stating my observations. Although, one could comment on their disrespect for Ipuina culture. They come here, causing such a scene and speaking of forbidden, dangerous topics. Is that not a retched thing to do?"

"Maybe."

I looked back to the singing mistress.

"Golden eyes of a singing fae,

Golden eyes mark her play.

Power for a secret,

A name for a soul.

Soul bound.

The soul bound cat-sidhe."

"Let's go elsewhere," Eliza said slowly, "This unsettles me."

I nodded, taking a step back. It was as if the Mistress heard Eliza's words, her head tilting slightly towards us and it was as if her fingers paused for a moment before continuing. I swore I could almost make out a smile beyond that veil but who could know for sure. We continued around the crowd and further down the road where for the rest of the rising sun we enjoyed the festival. Playing silly child games like throwing a dagger at a target (Kahuna won both times), trap the piglets without touching them (Eliza won), fishing from a set up pond (Ayden won), elemental control challenges, and also many others. We ate strange foods from set up booths such as rattlesnake meat imported from Arianne, camel milk from Arianne, Ibex heart from Neorain, gem cupcakes from Neorain, and many other foods.

"I couldn't eat another bite," I wheezed, my stomach feeling utterly filled.

Ayden giggled, "You said that four cupcakes ago my lady."

"I did. My weakness to sugar will be my downfall."

Kahuna chuckled, "You'll have to visit Neorian to try our vast collection of sweets."

When the sun finally began to set and the activities began to pack up for the day, we found ourselves standing of a large stone bridge that crossed over the city's river. There we watched as fire elementals and air elementals work together to create these beautiful coloured sparks of flames up in the sky. It was incredible—I had never seen such a sight. Tears pricked in my eyes and I sent a small prayer for Mother. She could not be here to view such a beauty, then I would remember this moment for all of my days in her honor.

"My Lady," Ayden whispered, "Are you alright?"

I opened my eyes and smiled at her, "Yes. I am."

The sound of bells tinkered in the distance, slowly growing closer.

"My what a crowd," a sultry voice oozed.

We turned to face Saewynn and at her side her Mistress. She was now dressed with a pair of loose pants over her attire, a wide grin on her face. I could feel the sudden tension fall over us all and I prayed that the peace of the festival would hold steady.

"I heard your song," Eliza said slowly.

Saewynn's grin grew, "Good. It was meant for your ears."

"You wish to mock us and our ways?"

"No, I wish to remind you that the past holds no power."

Eliza laughed bitterly, "That's the thing, is it not? Arianne continues to believe in silly child tales instead of what is the truth. Fairies do not exist. Not anymore."

"That's where Ipuina is wrong and you know it. Your mother has been hunting them to the end of the lands and back, slaughtering them all while telling her kingdom they have been long gone. I thought out of your siblings you were to be the smartest one, and yet you continue to act as stupid as the element-less one."

My eyes widened at Saewynn's harsh words.

"Enough of this. I will not having an argument with you. Your plans to make Ipuina look weak and insane will not work. Perhaps, even if what you said was true, it would be for the best. Fae could not ever be trusted, they have always wished for our downfall. That is why they had long gone from these lands so long ago. They are rooted in nothing but evil," Eliza snapped.

I flinched at her words, my fingers rubbing the mark on my wrist. I tried feebly not to react to her speech, I tried to ignore it the best I could. Perhaps I was simply in denial, or maybe it was because I wished for her to be wrong. I had seen that forest sprite breathe life back into it's lungs and it was not full of evil. It was gentle and kind. Oberon was confusion but I was sure he was not evil—neither was the Oreades sprite.

"Ah I see speaking with you does no good," Saewynn spat, "You're simply a replica of your mother. You both will find a retched death for your retched hearts."

Eliza took a step forward, but Kahuna beat her to it, rising her hands to command the attention of both parties. If the air could crackle with the tension, it would. My tongue licked slowly at my cracked lips, as Kahuna held her head high.

"Enough of this. It is not the place to fight," she hummed.

I breathed out a breath of relief.

"Let us take it to the Bismuth Pits."

"Pardon me?" I gasped in horror.