𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 | 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓

╙ ❝ 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢, 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝙸'𝚖 𝟷𝟽, 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚓𝚘𝚒𝚗 ❞ ╜

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟺

CASSIE WAS STANDING with Fred and George on Platform 9 ¾. They were talking about the Azkaban drama from last year and somehow got to the topic of how Sirius and her were related. The Malfoys were standing near them but they hadn't noticed each other yet.

"Talk about being the disappointment of the family" Fred said, and the twins laughed loudly, while Cassie rolled her eyes and flipped them off. This caught the attention of Alya, who was looking around the platform aimlessly. She snapped her head towards the sound and saw her sister laughing with the Weasley twins.

Narcissa noticed her looking and quickly grabbed her wrist when she saw she was going to walk towards them. "Remember what I said. You can't talk to her"

"Please? Just this once" Alya asked desperately.

"I'm sorry sweetie" Narcissa sighed and Alya sighed disappointedly. Narcissa wrapped her arm around Alya's shoulders as a sign of comfort and Alya leaned into her mother's embrace.

Cassie turned around absentmindedly to look around the station and saw her family standing off to the side. She made eye contact with her mother and Narcissa saw the urge Cassie had to go up to her, but they both knew she wouldn't. As much as she didn't want to, Narcissa turned her head and cut off the eye contact she had made with her disowned daughter.

The train's whistle sounded loudly throughout the platform and Cassie looked away from her family.

"I need a cigarette" she mumbled under her breath. "Alrighty boys! Let's get this year started!"

♧⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞♧

Cassie, Alecco and Cecilia were sitting in the Slytherin common room talking. During the Welcoming Feast, Dumbledore had announced that Hogwarts would be hosting the Triwizard Tournament and two other schools, The Beauxbatons Academy and Durmstrang Institute.

"You can't seriously be thinking about joining!" Cecilia told Alecco incredulously.

"Dumbledore said you have to be at least 17 to join. Technically, seeing as I'm 17, I can join" Alecco said.

"Alecco, you realise that the Tournament isn't just some silly old game of Quidditch. People die in these. Why do you think it hasn't been hosted in at least a century?" Cassie said seriously. "Besides, your mother would never let you"

A small group of Slytherins came down from the girls' dorms and glared at Cassie.

"You got something to say to her?" Cecilia snapped at the group of sixth years.

"Yeah. Your friend is a blood-traitor who shouldn't even be in Slytherin if she's dating a Gryffindor. A Weasley, no less" one of the girls said. She looked like the leader of the group, since as soon as she finished speaking, the rest of her friends nodded along with what she was saying.

"Cass' dating life has nothing to do with you. And remember who you went crying to when your boyfriend cheated on you last year" Alecco said. The girl merely huffed and stormed out of the common rooms with her minions following behind her.

"You didn't have to do that, you know," Cassie told them when the trio left.

"We know, but we're not just gonna sit here and let people bully you because you got disowned and are now dating Georgie" Alecco said and Cecilia nodded.

"Thanks guys. I honestly don't know why you don't hate me like every other Slytherin" she said honestly.

"Because you're our best friend and it doesn't matter who you love. As long as you're happy" Alecco said.

"Yeah. I couldn't give a fuck if you dated a mudblood. As long as you're happy, then we're fine" Cecilia continued.

"Thanks guys. You're the best and I'm glad I can always count on you" she said and got up to hug them both.

"Alright. Alright. That's enough" Cecilia said and pushed Cassie off her. Cecilia was never one for physical touch or comfort. Alecco and Cassie chuckled and spent the rest of the night talking before going up to their dorms.

♧⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞♧

"Alya," Cassie called. Breakfast had just finished and now all the students were heading off to their classes. "Can we please talk?" she pleaded to her sister.

"Mother said I'm not allowed to talk to you now that you're disowned. I thought it would've been fine but.." Alya said.

"She doesn't have to know" Cassie tried and Alya took a deep breath in.

"Like how she didn't know about you and George? Like how I didn't even know until the World Cup? The same night you got disowned?" she snapped.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I never meant to love him but-" she said but got cut off by Alya.

"You love him? You've barely even been with him for long!"

"I think I would know how I feel about my boyfriend! I didn't know what it was at first but then I realised I never felt like this with Ethan or even with any random guy. I love him. Please Lia, you have to believe me" Cassie said.

"I do believe you, but I can't forgive you for leaving me because now I'm on my own" Alya said and walked away before Cassie could say anything.

Cassie stood there in a daze until two hands on her shoulders and kisses on her neck brought her out of her thoughts.

"What's wrong love?" George asked.

"My mother told Alya she can't talk or even communicate with me because I'm disowned. Now she probably hates me because I was always the one to help her with her mental health and now she's on her own. Merlin, I feel terrible" she groaned, throwing her head back.

"It'll be alright. Listen, I've got to get to class before Mcgonagall has a fit, but I'll meet you in the library when you've got your free" George told her.

"What about your class? Don't you have Charms then?" Cassie asked.

"Don't worry about it. I'll see you at the library" he said. He pecked her lips and started walking away.

"But-" she said, but when she turned around he was already gone.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

「ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ」𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟗